Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I tried to search the site before I posted this, however either I did something wrong or it has not been posted about. I have an issue that has just started. Up until Three days ago my hood latch was fine. I opened the hood to check oil and fill windshield washer fluid, and closed the hood. I tried to open my hood the next day and nothing happens. I can hear the cable at the latch, and there is tension on the pull handle in the cabin, just no action from the latch. I have tried everything that I can think of with no luck. Anyone out there with experience with this? Anyone with any Ideas? Thanks Steve

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had to use an angled needle nose pliers to pull the cable where it's attached to the release latch under the driver's side. I later managed to get a zip tie in there to pull the wire an extra quarter inch after I pull the release latch. I'm going to try and put another zip tie in there or something to take up the slack in the wire. I also cleaned and lubed the hood latch itself and that didn't work. I think the wire just became stretched. I'm no mechanic, so at some point when I get fed up I'll take it into my mechanic to see what he can do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts