Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive done a search, and I think that i found the answer. Just want some reassurance as to the answer. In order to remove the front disc rotors, I have to remove obviously the caliper. And then remove the 2 phillips screws and then the rotor will slide off? Or do i have to remove the spindle nut, wheel bearings, etc. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

DZL1.

·
Registered
587 Posts
QUOTE (DZL1 @ May 26 2010, 11:39 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=326538
Ive done a search, and I think that i found the answer. Just want some reassurance as to the answer. In order to remove the front disc rotors, I have to remove obviously the caliper. And then remove the 2 phillips screws and then the rotor will slide off? Or do i have to remove the spindle nut, wheel bearings, etc. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

DZL1.
You do not need to remove hub.

Remove caliper and secure so its not hanging on hose, remove caliper mount there are 1 or 2 screws behind the spindle area, they are on VERY tight and you have to use brute force to remove unless you have an impact. Remove philips screws from rotors, if they strip out you will need to use a screw extractor to remove. You sledge hammer to boink disc rotor. That's what I did. The hammer did not work to remove, one small swing of the sledge hammer and off the rotor came. Grease guide pins or slide pins, what ever they call them. Secure vehicle per manual.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts