Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for over 6 months my radio/blower go on /off at low speeds25 mph or less and headlites will dim. dealer has had it 5 days told me i needed an alternator i replced alternator myself problem still there. now there saying maybe interior fuse block 400.00 guess 113. miles battery is good any help is appreciated

·
Registered
66 Posts
is you car still on warranty? it sounds to me like they are shotguning. if you go to the dealer and the car is not ok, then its not fixed.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
DVOM is your friend, couple minutes probe and you should be able to find problem..

HINT ---> engine running, test voltage at battery... now move red test lead to alternator stud,, what you got there ?

Original battery cable for the V6 on 2006 and 2007 has hard voltage drop in the line from alternator to battery.. new part numbered positive cable been out about 5yr now, still see one now and then.

Your described symptoms match all prior concerns that all my customer express... dimming headlight and dash light, HVAC fan fluctation, radio lose audio, but keep stations when it occurs..

Look for volt drop in negative side too.. short negative cable is bolted to painted surface, and we all should know paint is not a conductor... paint is an insulator !!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts