Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
13,712 Posts
If there's voltage on fuse 7 but the turn signal relay doesn't click inside the BCM, then the circuit inside the BCM between the fuse and the relay might be open/broken. You'd need to open the BCM to investigate.

If there isn't voltage on fuse 7, try jumping a wire between a fuse that does have 12V and fuse 7 to see if that gets the turn signals working.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ok, so I have voltage on fuse 7 and the fuse is good. I have no hazard lights and no voltage going to the hazard lights. I guess the next move would be to pull the bcm and open it up and look for a open circuit between fuse 7 and the relays.

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
Or maybe I should just hook up the $10 bcm which I have ready to go?
The switches inside the cabin in these cars typically switch ground.

Now, we did have another person here with a similar problem, and it turned out it was the BCM for sure, but...you don't want to plug (what you hope is) a good part into a bad circuit. Now, $10 isn't anything to cry about, and if it blows you're out $10, but...

I would have a look at the grounds before swapping it. Hyundai engineers seem to have truble with the concept of ground, and really don't go an extra mile with them. I would have a look at the switch and see what's going on there, and also check the grounds at the BCM and around the cabin and the engine compartment. Just to make sure. After chasing the grounds down I'd plug it in and try it.

Of course, I would also see if I could get another BCM for somewhere around the same price, and if I could I'd plug 'n chug and cross my fingers. If it works, you're done! If not, then go through the grounds and get another BCM. ;)

Also, from the other thread, it seems the BCM has an issue with moisture coming from somewhere, so I'd also try to waterproof it better before installing it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I already hooked it up. I have taillights, dash lights, and now hazard lights. But when I turn the signal on it fashs Luke I just kicked the hazard lights on. They blink simultaneously same speed same time and my lights are working in the back. Signal and tail. Hopefully I haven't messed something up.

·
Registered
13,712 Posts
They blink simultaneously same speed same time and my lights are working in the back. Signal and tail. Hopefully I haven't messed something up.
What I'd suggest at this point is you disconnect the all the lamps front and rear. Now switch the turn signals on and see if both the left & right tell tail lamps on the instrument cluster come on together. If only one side comes on it looks like there is a short in one of the lamps.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I did notice a wire ran from both taillights. Its definitely not factory. I just now remember seeing that. So unplug all bulbs from front and rear taillamps

·
Registered
13,712 Posts
No need to remove the individual bulbs. Just disconnect the harness connector from each lamp unit.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Ok I disconnected all the lamps and the signal lights work. They start with a slow blink then kinda fast. I'm guessing because they are disconnected. But it does the same left or right. Normal blink then speeds up to a faster one.

·
Registered
13,712 Posts
When the lamps are disconnected do the turn signal warning lamps on the instrument still both come on together or only the the one for the direction you set the switch to?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I see no warning lamp light on the dashboard. They just blink normal then speed up to a steady fast blink. Dosent matter which direction. But I found a jumper wire ran to both taillights it ran from one to they other. I disconnected it taped up the bare spots used to jump the wire. I then hooked up the parking/signal lights and it's working perfectly now. All lamps besides the license plate lights work. It fixed it, and I couldn't have done it without you! I guess my numbers came in on that junkyard find. Hopefully it will last awhile. I noticed that the cigarette lighter has a light around it, but it disappeared. The ashtray light still works.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Haha me too!! Im trying to make this my new work car. Now that it is dark here I notice the rear passenger side marker light is not as bright as the drivers side. Probably a grounding issue or maybe the connection is rusty. I never taken the bulbs out.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts