Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced the steering colum with all the switches, and still the same thing. I have no signal lights whatsoever. They are not stuck on or anything, pretty much like they dont have any power, I cant hear any relay noise either. I had the same problem before changing the complete column from a wrecked car. I have no tail lights either. I have break, and reverse lights. Hi and low headlights work. I have checked all the fuses, roomlp was open. I replaced it and got my interior lights back. And I replaced a 15 amp blue on the right side bcm, dont know what it was for but it was open so I replaced it. I double checked all my connections they are together. The stereo is missing and the factory plug cut, but I taped up all the bare wires. And it seems like switching from cold to heat dosent do much. And I dont mean ac pump running just the thermostat on the controls. It should blow hotter and should be able to turn it down to a cooler temp. Keep in mind I also got another set of controls from the wrecked car and the same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just bought it, it has 69,000 miles. And kids kinda hacked the stereo harness up. I thnk they tried to hook an amp up from the cigarette lighter. I fixed that and pulled the whole ashtray assembly from a wrecked car and plugged it in, done away with the bare wires. Pretty sure they just wanted a racing steering wheel so they pulled the original. I didn't have cruise or an airbag anymore plus everytime I turned the wheel I was turning on the wipers, very aggravating. So I pulled the whole column from a wreck car with a good airbag. Thought the different signal switch might fix my problem, but it didnt. Found a blown lp fuse figured that would have fixed my taillights since it restored my interior lights, but it didn't. Lol Need some professional advice. What do the internal bcm relays correspond with? Just something off the wall I noticed when I turn my ac on and the cab recirculating lights are lit up they flicker. Just thought id mention that.
Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,339 Posts
There are three relays inside the BCM. Two are for the turn signals and the parking/side lights, the two things that aren't working on your car funnily enough. I'm not sure what the 3rd one is for.

You say you don't hear any relays clicking inside the BCM. Do the hazard lights work? If not, try replacing fuse 7 on the dash fusebox/BCM. That's the fuse that supplies power to the turn signal relays. If replacing the fuse doesn't help, check that there is a 12V supply to the fuse itself.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I'll will try that. I have a 12 volt light tester at home. Does the key need to be on? And does the signal need to turned on before touching at light tester to fuse 7 slot? There is a guy that rebuilds bcm's on eBay for 70 bucks. I just have to mail him mine. Says he puts better parts in them. I work a lot so I can pay someone to do the installation of the relays, plus they will probably do a better job than me. I need to check the rear bulbs before hand to.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm really curious if that third relay has anything to do with the thermostat settings on the heater/ ac. It switches fine from defrost to floor etc.

·
Registered
14,339 Posts
Ok, I'll will try that. I have a 12 volt light tester at home. Does the key need to be on? And does the signal need to turned on before touching at light tester to fuse 7 slot?
It's a constant 12V supply on fuse 7 so the ignition doesn't need to be on and you don't need to switch on the turn signal switch.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is a bcm in that car I got all the parts from think I should take a chance and buy it for like 20 bucks? The yellow room 'll fuse holder has been yanked completely out

·
Registered
14,339 Posts
think I should take a chance and buy it for like 20 bucks?
I think that would be a good idea. If it turns out not to be the BCM that's causing the problem, I'm sure you'd easily get your $20 back if you put it on ebay.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What about the room lp fuse holder? It's missing can I place mine in it? And that car is a automatic gs mine is a manual shift gs. Same engine and same year would that make a difference?

·
Registered
14,339 Posts
The yellow fuse carrier isn't really needed. It's only used to isolate the circuits that are connected direct to the battery when the car is in long term storage. I don't think the gearbox will make any difference to the BCM.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
$20,, the BCM (I/P junction block) been through a pile of part number change so many time it aint funny,, and it $750+ for a new one, and who know if it any good for how long..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I pulled everything practically from it the other day, but I have the fuses and relays here with me. Im about 6 hrs from home working. Anyone have some pictures for me to replace everything correctly. Im in a motel and bored....lol

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
$20,, the BCM (I/P junction block) been through a pile of part number change so many time it aint funny,, and it $750+ for a new one, and who know if it any good for how long..
Ive seen more spent on lottery tickets. Hope my numbers come in! :grin2:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Auto, I remembered that afterwards and felt silly. Actually it is the relays on the back, I have some blue ones with 5 pins and some with 4 that will go in the same slots. Those two blue relay slots on the back of the bcm are made with 5 pin slots. I looked down inside looks like the only 4 outside pins have metal connections which probably just answered my own question. I just wanted to make sure. I got a few from under the hood mixed up with the bcm relays. I guess I can just look at mine when I get home.

·
Registered
14,339 Posts
I looked down inside looks like the only 4 outside pins have metal connections which probably just answered my own question.
Yeah, it's 4 terminal relays that fit on the back and the little white one that only has 2 terminal (it's actually a diode, not a relay that one)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you auto. Im gonna check fuse 7 and hazard lights tonight when I get home. Whats the next step? Lets say I have voltage at 7 and the fuse is good, but no signals. Or lets say I have no voltage on fuse 7. I have very limited time at home before I leave again.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts