Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I removed the air filter duct today and did an inspection. The above picture shows the mount. The rubber is cracked.

There are 3 bolts that attach to the engine cradle(in the back like right against the firewall), then a single bolt through the rubber area attached to the transmission(nut end can be seen in photo).

How the **** am I gunna get into there with a socket. Has anyone done this before, do I have to remove something major?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wobble socket, long extension from top, have to bend metal steering hoses a bit to move out of way.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think my mounts went bad, I had the exhaust flex pipe fail twice. $700 the first time! I bought all four mounts, but it looked like a &[email protected]% to put them in. I still have all four mounts, unused, if you are interested. I wish I had tried to get them loose BEFORE I dropped $100 on the mounts. I have an '04 Sonata with the 2.4 now, so I have the '02 sitting in the driveway as a donor vehicle.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wobble socket, long extension from top, have to bend metal steering hoses a bit to move out of way.
Cant imagine bending the power steering is a good idea..

I think my mounts went bad, I had the exhaust flex pipe fail twice. $700 the first time! I bought all four mounts, but it looked like a &[email protected]% to put them in. I still have all four mounts, unused, if you are interested. I wish I had tried to get them loose BEFORE I dropped $100 on the mounts. I have an '04 Sonata with the 2.4 now, so I have the '02 sitting in the driveway as a donor vehicle.
I bought the 3 mounts that attach to the transmission already, thanks though

·
Registered
132 Posts
I didnt say bend extremely but they need a bit of moving to get out of way. If not then you can always disconnect them but then youll be bleeding out the steering system. I am just saying how I did mine. Also be careful jacking the engine up as not to crunch the flex pipe any or that will be next thing youll be replacing. Dont know what parts you are using just keep in mind most of the aftermarket stuff from auto stores are the same company just rebranded. You can tell by the model numbers. I know one store was selling a mount for 67 while rockauto was selling same just different rebrand name for 13 so dont get ripped off. I went with OE for two mounts because they were cheap at the time.. and BECK/ARNLEY. the becks turned out not to be oe but they were made in korea instead of china. Its been two years now maybe three with no issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts