Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son's Sonata has a problem where every time he drives in the rain and goes through a puddle he will momentarily lose power steering. I looked under the front of the car and there appears to be a splash shield of some sorts that is missing near the belt driven power steering pump that I believe that's causing the problem. I've did some image searches but I'm not sure what it looks like. Is there someplace where I can search for a part number for this item? Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
My son's Sonata has a problem where every time he drives in the rain and goes through a puddle he will momentarily lose power steering. I looked under the front of the car and there appears to be a splash shield of some sorts that is missing near the belt driven power steering pump that I believe that's causing the problem. I've did some image searches but I'm not sure what it looks like. Is there someplace where I can search for a part number for this item? Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!
Don't know where you live, but in my town there is a pick/pull place that will charge you $2 to enter and you can scour for parts. A quick look at my local place showed 10 sonatas, some around your model year. If you live near a big city, there is a chance a pick/pull place will be near you. Very cheap parts in you are mechanically inclined at all.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Look for seperated crank pulley if 2.7L (profile not filled out & not called out in text of post)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts