Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I am really hoping someone can help me with my Santa Fe
It’s a 2.7 Awd it starts but only runs for a few seconds then dies there is no spark at the plugs when I try to restart it, if I leave it sit for an hour it will restart but again dies after a few seconds.
I have been searching the internet for 2 days trying to find an answer, I do not have a scanner to check for codes.
Could this issue be the anti theft? If so how do I reset it, I already disconnected the battery to try it but made no difference.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
It’s a 2.7 Awd it starts but only runs for a few seconds then dies there is no spark at the plugs when I try to restart it, if I leave it sit for an hour it will restart but again dies after a few seconds.
I have been searching the internet for 2 days trying to find an answer, I do not have a scanner to check for codes.
Could this issue be the anti theft? If so how do I reset it, I already disconnected the battery to try it but made no difference.
If you've never changed your CPS(crankshaft position sensor) before, you should look at the wires coming out just behind the sensor. These have a tendency to have their insulation fall off and short wires together. You need to take the starter shield off, then reach your hand up over the starter to feel if the cps wiring is still good or has deteriorated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has not been changed I was wondering if that could be the problem but it didn’t make sense that it would start & run then die again that what made me think it was the anti theft.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Sherman, I've just got the same problem.scanner says it's the crankshaft sensor.going to replace it on Wednesday, UK time.hope I have good news for you
Regards

Sent from my Archos 55 Helium using Tapatalk

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
Shouldn't disconnect the battery. See if there are any codes. If the wiring to the CKS is OK I think maybe anti-theft.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts