Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced my engine in my 03 Sonata. It turns over but I don't get a spark. I have double and triple checked my connections and everything seems fine. What could possibly be the problem. Please Help

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think on that engine the crank sensor is actually under the timing belt. Its a bear to get to, about the same amount of work as replacing the timing belt. There is a connector from the sensor that may be somewhere you mentioned that he may have hit.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I think on that engine the crank sensor is actually under the timing belt.
No Sir, the crank position sensor on the V6 engine in the EF Sonata is on the block, radiator side, beside the starter motor..pigtail comes up over starter motor.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I feel your pain jrice. I am not sure but I have heard of some PCMs loosing thier identity when the engine or transmission is changed and need to be reset somehow. do any of the senior members know if this can happen to the Hyundia's?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have replaced crank position sensors on my 02 delta engine sonata and on a 00 dodge dakota pickup truck. In both cases the vehicles would start, run and you could drive them. They problem is that they would "stumble" and almost stall. This would happen very intermittently. The dakota would occasionally stall when it stumbled coming to a stop at a traffic light for instance. The sonata on the other hand never did actually stall. The sonata "pig tails" that folks talk about were definitely toast on my sonata. On the dakota though the failing CPS looked perfect. The replacement part though was obviously a different design. My original Sonata CPS was in there for well over 100k miles. The pickup OTOH, still has under 100k miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts