Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2003 Tiburon on craigslist that needs a transmission...transmission seems to be seized as soon as you release the clutch the engine stalls immediately. I've taken apart all the usual...axles subframe mounts wiring cables slave cylinder etc. I've removed all 10 bolts and have definitely removed the clutch fork arm that fools most people. II have the classic problem where I can pull the tranny back an inch then it snaps back spring loaded. I am pretty sure this is because the shift fork isn't pivoting out of the way but I have already removed the arm from the outside and even the bushing underneath. I have tried prying with several 3 foot pry bars and am scared any harder will break something on the motor. The shaft of the shift fork does not rotate any further counterclockwise than it's original position not matter how hard I try and force it with a wrench nor does it lift out as some posts explain. Anyone have any ideas what I should try next?? I'm contemplating drilling holes in the bellhousing so I can get in there since I'm 90% sure the transmission is scrap anyhow. Any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Bullyt.I think your problem is the clutch centre plate is seized on the spigot shaft.When you attempt to lever the gearbox out you are compressing the pressure plate.So what you are going to have to do is undo the bolts holding the pressure plate to the flywheel.If you think the gearbox is finished cut a hole in the bell housing to access the bolts.Maybe have to turn it around abit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi.Bullyt.Just had a re-think about your problem.If I was you I would first make sure that the gearbox has not engaged 2 gears due to worn selectors.If so plenty of WD40 in there,the clutch is finished anyway so you are not going to damage anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts