Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently bought a santa fe gls 2.7 auto. loving it so far, but when it comes to shifting gears ive noticed it sometimes takes up to 4.5k rpm especially 2-3rd. now just wondering if this is normal or should i take it back to the dealer?
thanks

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Take it back to the dealer? Maybe they'll care, I suspect not. I'd be trying to change the trans fluid if I were you, sounds like the valve bodies are sticking.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Have it scanned for DTC, and while hooked to GDS, hit the ECU UPGRADE button and see if any updates available.. both engine and A/T

In the mean time, something you can try on your own... get the thing good and hot.

2004 --> disconnect Neg battery cable, and touch cable to positive post to kill the memory.. Re-connect cable, and since car is HOT, you can start "learn" process right now.

Start engine, foot on brake (do this in residential with long streets), shift from P-R, wait 5 sec, R-N, N-D, wait 5 sec, repeat about 12-15 times..

Now in D, carefully drive at no more than 25% (kinda hard with out scan tool for throttle data) throttle, and allow the trans to shift up through all 4, roll down to stop, do this about 3-4 times... you may find you need to accel a wee bit to get speed to get speed to allow upshift, just dont hammer the pedal.

After that, I usually start from a stop in the manual shift mode, start 1, take it up to about 2500, tap shifter for 2, and do same for 3 & 4... do this a couple times.

Now take car for a drive in "D" and see how it acts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts