Hyundai Forums banner

03 Complete Rebuild Inside And New Engine Cradle

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Elvis 
#1 ·
Started 09-29-10.....removed all interior and power washed.....installed new fire wall wiring harness......engine cradle is in front and ready to install.....will install gear shifter and Heating & A/C components Monday.......will update if interested.....fprr77@yahoo.com

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
This Sonata was involved in an accident.....I had to rebuild the front-end. The air bag in the dash, wheel and the D/Side seat had deployed.....plus it had 140K miles.....I rebuild them all the same way.....strip em down to almost nothing on the inside... power wash inside then start the rebuilding which most of the time will include another engine cradle with a limit of 65K miles on it.I rebuild 3 diffierent models on my lot the Sonata is one of the 3 because its now a popular car for the cost....I might add parts for 02-05 model at times are difficult to find....I only buy wrecked vehicle's from a nation wide company(Requires a used car dealer or rebuilder licences)....some I rebuild others i harvest the parts from....

#5 ·
[attachment=20806:100_5953.JPG]This project has been put on hold for a few days account a request to change a 4cyl to a V6.....the 03 Sonata broke a valve and caused sever damage to the 2.4L engine....the 2.4L engine is difficult to find at reasonable price so his choice is swap the 4Cyl out and replace it with a V6......

Finally getting started on this 03 Sonata conversion removed the interior seats, dash, support bar, AC and Heater assembly, wiring harness ,ECM and TCM....Inside the engine carpartment dropped the engine cradle.....replaced the foot throttle cable going to the throttle body, the crusie control sevro, the fuel line going to the F/Injector rack account the 4cyl is to short and the brake calipers account the 4cy calipers are considerable smaller the then V6.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.