Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I'm am very new to Hyundai I have a 02 xg350 and it is leaking a whole bunch of power steering fluid. As soon as I start the car it pour all the fluid out. Have anybody has this problem? I'm am a diy guy an need to take care of this problem asap please help I have searched the forum and found nothing thank you
Eric

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Quite common with age.. pressure hose usually get a pin hole in it.. have assistant start engine, and turn steering wheel up on lock, and you watch for oil to spray out.

Pressure hose is whole lot of fun to replace, return tube assembly not that much fun to do either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found the leak it is a tiny hole in the rubber piece near the passenger side tire. I am currently trying to remove the hose and it is kicking my butt. Anybody have any advice or pointer to get this thing off? I have remover all the 10mm bolts on it but I can't figure out how to get it out thanks again

·
Registered
622 Posts
I found the leak it is a tiny hole in the rubber piece near the passenger side tire. I am currently trying to remove the hose and it is kicking my butt. Anybody have any advice or pointer to get this thing off? I have remover all the 10mm bolts on it but I can't figure out how to get it out thanks again
Yea that hose pretty much sucks to remove. If you're replacing it, then no need to be gentle with it, but you should remember how it's routed when installing the new one. You can get away with it not being perfect, so don't worry too much. SBR prob know the best way to R&R, I think he's more of an older school guy. From what I rem, you can remove the air box to gain access where it threads into the steering rack. There's also a little weight thingie on top of the rear trans mount I believe, you can remove that for better clearance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts