Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i have a lavita and was wanting to swap out the ecu with another one i have, can you please help with where its location is regards john

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,332 Posts
It's been a while since I've worked on a Matrix but I think the engine ECU is at the bottom of the passenger side 'A' post, to the side of the heater fan housing.

Does your car have a transponder key immobilizer?
You might not be able to simply swap over ECUs. At least, the engine wont start if you do...assuming the car has an immobilizer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi i have two cars ones a auto and the spare car is a manual, the auto doesnt have a alarm fob, so im trying to swap the ecu from the spare that has a alarm fob

I think the alarm has been disconnected on the auto so im not sure

·
Registered
14,332 Posts
You should have explained what you were doing in your original post. I assumed you were talking about the engine ECU, but your actually looking for the ETAC module. That'll be behind the dash on the driver's side somewhere. I've never had to fix one on a Matrix so I'm not sure exactly where, but it'll probably say ETAC on the label.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, new to forum, ill give it a go thanks for your help mate

·
Registered
14,332 Posts
It took a bit of searching but I eventually found a photo of the module on ebay, so you at least know what your looking for.
Looking at the bracket attached to the box, it probably sits vertically behind the dashboard with it's two electrical connector at the bottom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts