Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story.....

I bought a 2002 Accent 2 years ago that was a light rollover. It has been in storage since.Car only has 2000 KM on it. My problem is that when the car was dropped off it started and ran fine but after having sat for 2 years I now have a problem getting it started. When I try to start it the fuel pump does not run at all. I have tested the fuel pump itself and it runs fine. I have also tried the ODBII reader and it doesn't come up with any codes. Have also cheked all fuses and relays.The spark is fine it is just not running the fuel pump at all. Is there a fuel cutoff switch on these(looked around and can't locate it) or is there anything else that could cause this???

Thanks

·
Registered
422 Posts
Do you have access to a test light?
If so you can disconnect one of the injectors and complete the circuit using the test light to distinguish wheter your injectors are firing or not.

It is possible that if your fuel pump is operating normally on the bench, then it is possible that your immobiliser system is preventing from starting the vehicle.
On Hyundai's the form of immobilser that they utilise cuts your fuel injectors.

Let us know what you got.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't try the power at the injectors but I assume they are not firing as i tried powering up the fuel pump and the car would still not fire. Is there any way to test the immobliser??

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yes you have pretty much tested it by confirming that the vehicle will not start even if the fuel pump is running.

Questions:

1. Have you dropped your ignition key of late?

2. Have you reviously experienced any hard to start situations (meaning it will crank but not start)?

3. Have you ever experienced a double start situation (meaning you have had to cycle the key to the start position before it would start?

4. Have you had the vehicles charging system worked on before the failure?

5. Do you have any spare keys, if so have you tried these keys?

f you can give answers to any of these questions it will assist you in the diagnosis of your vehicle.

However it sounds highly like you have had a smartra failure.

Firstly answer any of the above questions that have applied to your situation. B)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help but I figured it out yesterday. It turned out to be the Engine Control Relay(Located on the left kick panel) It had some moisture in it and was rusted and non-functional.

Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts