Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about things I could do to make my little Accent stand out a bit. Of course, that leads to questions....

The bumper on my '02 GL has these molded-in-place "brake vents"
wBrakeVent.JPG

I'm thinking these are cosmetic, not functional, although they do pass air thru them. Does my little car really need additional brake cooling? :rolleyes:

I'm thinking about cutting them out and changing things up in the grilles to end up something along these lines. (And I really LOVE the mesh grille ZG has. Is there a "how-to" on that in here?)
wfrontendmods01.jpg

Just thinking outloud, but welcoming any feedback. Any suggestions, tweaks to design, examples of what you guys have done, etc. I'm really open to new ideas on this.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
(And I really LOVE the mesh grille ZG has. Is there a "how-to" on that in here?)
not from me i hope :p my accent is a piece of garbage. its a disposable car and i believe it should be treated as such. run it into the ground and show it no mercy.

in other words not my mesh :p

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My bad

not from me i hope :p my accent is a piece of garbage. its a disposable car and i believe it should be treated as such. run it into the ground and show it no mercy.

in other words not my mesh :p

My bad, got you confused with desert-seeker.

Ran across a guy the other day, got to talking cars, told me about him and a friend that had an Accent up in Montana that they tried their best to run into the ground and it just wouldn't quit on them.

This one will probably go to college with my daughter after Christmas, and I'm thinking I'll go find another one with the OD bearing problem and fix it up for me. This darn thing got 30MPG on the last tank of gas, a mix of town and highway driving. That's more than double my old work truck. I can save enough on gas to pay for the darn car!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts