Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I'm new here and yes I did some searching first but couldn't find what I was looking for. I see lots of talk about the main four speakers in a 2001 Tiburon but no info about the dash tweeters. I already have a set of Digital Designs components I want to install but I can't figure out how to get the tweeters out of the dash. They look like they should just pop up but they won't. I'm worried about damaging the dash trying to get them out because I'm already starting to leave some small marks just testing this. Anyone have any ideas? The car only has a little over 50k miles and is in almost new condition so I'd like to keep it that way. Really want to get my speakers installed ASAP since I already have the new radio, amp and sub installed.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Most dash speakers in most cars you have to go from the bottom, but I would not bother with that for one simple reason.

Install the component tweeters in the door with a nice clean cut and install if you are unsure have a good shop do it for you, should not be to much. The so called tweeters in the dash are made of paper and are "soft" sounding if you put a real tweeter right there you may get to bright of a sound as the sound will bounce off the windshield and I don't think you will get what your looking for that way.

Hope that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts