Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. :grin: First time poster, long time fan. No stranger to internet forums or troubleshooting cars. I have a 2001 Sonata and it's running like dook. Just replaced BOTH o2 sensors suspecting them because of the bad running, increase in fuel economy and check engine light. After replacing the o2 sensors, it didn't really improve. The problem came on very sudden on my way to work. Before that, it was a great running car. It's like a stutter or misfire feeling. It's down on power and just isn't right. A new fuel filter will be installed shortly, but I have a feeling that isn't the problem. Anyone have any suggestions?

2001 Sonata 5speed
91000 miles

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Suggestion -- you state the MIL is illuminated, simple solution would be to have the thing scanned, obtain the trouble codes and deal with each circuit related to the code stored... Unles you like to keep tossing parts at thing in hopes of making repair. :banana:

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ditto above.
Also, might be a failing catalytic convertor. When it breaks down and clogs up it will seriously reduce power.
Good luck!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Some fun, PDI scan for new car prep -

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Get the MIL system scanned ASAP. It should disclose the problem. Possibly a bad mass airflow sensor. Will severely decrease mileage and will leave a strong unburned fuel system out the exhaust. Do not drive like this for long. It can severely damage the catalyst.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.