Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 01 santa fe AWD V6. idles fine revs fine in park. Once you put it in gear it Sputters and wont go faster that 35 MPH. I changed out crank position sensor and clean out screen on fuel filter.
Its not throwing a code

Anyone with ideas or had similar problem?

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I have a 01 santa fe AWD V6. idles fine revs fine in park. Once you put it in gear it Sputters and wont go faster that 35 MPH. I changed out crank position sensor and clean out screen on fuel filter.
Its not throwing a code

Anyone with ideas or had similar problem?
You could have a plugged catalytic converter. You can disconnect it from the exhaust and see if it drives okay(it will be noisy).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sputters/Vibrates after Timing Belt Change

Hey, I've read a few threads lately about their SF's sputtering, which I'm guessing is similar to vibrating? So instead of making a new thread I'll post this here.

My 2004 2.7L with 262xxx km's was a beaut. Idled nicely, and no real vibration unless I was on the highway but I found that normal.

Anywho, I had my timing belt, seals and water pump replaced, and after having done so, I feel a very noticeable vibration from the second it's on to the moment I turn it off. Whatever gear it's in, it doesn't matter.

I find it rather annoying, and makes it seem like the car is in the early stages of death.

Any idea what could have caused this? What they may have not tightened, forgotten to plug back in, or did wrong to make it act like this post-work?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
What does mechanic say who did the work ?

Are there any codes coming up on obd11 diagnostic.

May not be related to recent work completed, but a new problem.

·
Registered
54 Posts
What does mechanic say who did the work ?

Are there any codes coming up on obd11 diagnostic.

May not be related to recent work completed, but a new problem.
I didn't bring it to his attention. It's not throwing any codes. Weird timing for a new problem, very coincidental if so.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Answer to my Original question. It was the CAT.. Disconnected the exhaust from manifolds ran great.

Thx for help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts