Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '00 Elantra GLS 2.0 4cyl AT ABS that will not start... period. It will crank and crank till the battery dies, but, will not turn over. I recently took a trip from California to Colorado (just returned a week ago), and the check engine light came on (again) as I pulled off the highway to get gas in Gallup, NM during a snow storm. I had absolutely no loss in power or performance and attributed it to a faulty o2 sensor that I had the same problem with a few months before. I continued to CO and had no further trouble except for the check engine light. I had the codes read when I arrived and it was in fact the same sensor as before. I replaced it prior to making the trip home. The trip home was fairly uneventful, with the exception of a tank filling issue, which I also resolved by bouncing the back bumper to "burp" the tank. Once I arrived home, I shut the car off, let it sit for about 30 minutes and then moved the car to a different parking spot. It started just fine to do this. Once I parked it overnight and went out to start it the next morning... nothing. I disconnected the fuel line into the filter to check if there was fuel pumping to the filter... nothing. I have ordered a new fuel pump and am waiting for it to arrive, but, I'm wondering if there are any other things I should be checking for possible replacement as well. I just replaced the MAF sensor and the CKP sensor about 6 months ago, as well as the filter about 4 months ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm curious, did you check the fuel pump relay and fuse before determining that the pump was bad and needed replacement? And, did you test the functioning of the pump by running voltage to it directly? Just wondering.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts