Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any helpful tips on getting 0 gauge wire thru the firewal?? I have it ran thru the car but having an issue getting to the battery. .. any input is greatly appreciated thanks

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
u can try enlarging the hole where the rubber grommet for the hood release is (on the driver side)

BTW 0 gauge sounds like overkill. kind of pointless running it for a system that needs it if ur not upgrading the alternator.
would love to see the set up ur running requiring this anaconda

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
u can try enlarging the hole where the rubber grommet for the hood release is (on the driver side)

BTW 0 gauge sounds like overkill. kind of pointless running it for a system that needs it if ur not upgrading the alternator.
I was originally running 2 cvr15z on an alpine mrp-m1000 but now I have a aq hdc312 that will be on a audio technix at1200.1d... I just snatched the 4awg out earlier today but the 0 awg is tucked under the carpet for now

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
0 guage... right...

+1 It is complete overkill! You are right on Alfu.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I was originally running 2 cvr15z on an alpine mrp-m1000 but now I have a aq hdc312 that will be on a audio technix at1200.1d... I just snatched the 4awg out earlier today but the 0 awg is tucked under the carpet for now
It won't fit where the 4ga was with a little enlargement of the existing hole?

I found in my elantra GT ( auto)...that if you pull back the carpet behind the brake pedal...there is a plastic cover about the size of a baseball. I ran my 4 gauge there...but i could put 0 gauge there...or a fire hose if needed.:D

·
Registered
205 Posts
When I ran the 0 gauge for my battery relocate I just widened the hole I put in the firewall for my 4 gauge previously. Rubber grommet that **** or you will regret it later.

0 gauge for an amp is complete overkill bro.. Are you upgrading the alternator and adding a bass cap?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry about the last response guys but I do plan upgrading the alt but im only running 1400w rms on a aq hdc3... what I did was just drill another hole in the firewall right next to the one with the hood release cable...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts