New Mazda MX-5 or used Lotus Elise?
I fell in the love with my friend's 2009 Lotus Exige S 240, but I can only afford to buy one used; however, I could get a fully loaded Mazda MX-5 new for the same amount of money. But the Exige is so much more sexy and fun. Working on cars myself is no big deal. I'd even consider a 2005-2007 Elise.
If I go with one of these options I would just keep my Sonata for DD instead of trading it in for a new Audi RS3 that would be my DD and fun car all in one. I probably won't 'pull the trigger' until Christmas time, but would like input.
Things to consider.
- I live in Ohio, so I def wouldn't drive any Lotus during the months with road salt on the ground.
- I can drive a manual car, but has been a long time.
- The Lotus is mechanically cheap to work on. (To me)
- If I got the MX-5; I would drive it way more. (Warranty ftw)
- I don't care that the Lotus is missing X,Y,Z features
My mind says the MX-5 is the logical choice, but my heart is screaming Lotus.