Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Braunschweig/GERMANY/Lower saxonia
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have found a solution to solve the problem now, and installed in my i30 cw facelift ISG.
Everything works perfectly, the instrument lights and also the illuminated pushbuttons, switches, cigarette lighter etc., when ignition key to "ON" and also the rheostat does what he have to do, independent if the headlights switch is on or off.
And now the best: The whole work are 15 minutes, costs 5 mm solder and 2 cm Scotch tape!
1. Remove fuse cover on the dashboard
2. Dismount the bezel where the fuse cover sits, by start courage pulling on the side away from the door rubber
3. Remove the push buttons and controls by pressing with fingers from backwards and pull out all plugs
4. Unscrew the 2 screws at the side of the lower instrument panel
5. Loosen the other 2 screws below from the lower instrument panel
6. Carefully loosen the lower instrument panel at the upper 2 clips and move the panel down
7. Unclip the OBD connector or unscrew the metal plate
8. Pull off the two connectors I/P-B und I/P-C, which are directly in a row (If necessary pull out all others. The plugs cannot mixed up)
9. Unisolate the red/orange wire on pin 3 of connector I/PC approx. away 2 cm from the plug for a length of 5mm
10. Cut the pink wire from pin 18 of the black connector I/PB approx. away 2cm from the plug. Strip it and solder it at the red/orange wire on pin 3 of connector I/PC
11. Isolate the solder joint with Scotch tape
12. Reassemble everything
13. Open a bottle of beer, enjoy and grin