I have a 2005 Getz 1.5L DOHC
Went to start it the other morning and no go....
Noticed the immob light flashing (5 times) then out.
Done my research and found a potential issue with the antenna coil around the ign coil.
Cut the plug off and solder the wires straight through.... No change in engine start
Grabbed another smartra box from a wreck, installed and still no go ( 5 flashes then out)....
Before i started i had a code P1690 Smartra fault... but this is not identified in the workshop manual?
Any ideas where to from here please? We are remote NT and cannot access a dealer, or even a mechanic for that matter
A scan tool is you friend.
Best practices for requesting help:If you haven't done so fill in your vehicle info and profile page. At upper right corner under the search box click on user cp (it's your control panel)
This info will show up to the left under your user name and is very helpful.
BE SURE TO ADD YOUR LOCATION SO WE KNOW WHAT MARKET YOU ARE IN.
- Be sure you are in the correct forum for your vehicle.
- Do a search for your problem. A lot of stuff has been asked and answered.
- Do not double post for the same problem.
- Give the model year....Engine size...transmission type (auto or standard)
- Take a single issue at a time. Posting multiple issues at once will get convoluted very quickly
- VIN number can be very helpful
- Vehicle history can be good. How many miles. If not bought new, how many have you put on it.
- Describe the problem best you can. If a noise can you get a sound or video file
- Tell us what has been done, if anything, thus far. If tests have been performed give actual results not OK or passed. If scanned for codes the actual code(s) not O2 sensor or MAF, Etc.
- If the vehicle has been to a repair facility it would be nice if you could post a picture of that invoice/bill
- If your vehicle is under warranty you should have the dealer check it out. If it's a problem they see many times they will generate a safety recall of TSB. This is how they know of the problem.
This information can save a lot of time and get you the answers you need much faster.
Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most.
Hey you're not getting any younger.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.