Clean fuel injectors - Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Australia
Hyundai Getz
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
childishgambino6899 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Clean fuel injectors

Hi all, does anyone know how to remove the fuel injectors and know how to clean them. I believe they're dirty as I'm getting hesitation and jerking when I press on the the accelerator and let off, I've replaced the coil pack plugs and leads alright and I've cleaned the throttle body and adjusted the accelerator cable and still persists

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
childishgambino6899 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 06:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Johns2.0T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Canada,Ontario
2014 Sport Sante Fe 2.0T
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Johns2.0T is an unknown quantity at this point
i would 1st run 1 tank of shell Vpower just because its got 5x times the cleaning detergent than any other fuel sold if that still dont do it then run a can of BG 44k in a full tank of fuel
Johns2.0T is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Australia
Hyundai Getz
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
childishgambino6899 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns2.0T View Post
i would 1st run 1 tank of shell Vpower just because its got 5x times the cleaning detergent than any other fuel sold if that still dont do it then run a can of BG 44k in a full tank of fuel
Oh ok I'll give that a shot then thanks. I did use the Valvoline fuel injector cleaner additive but it honestly hasn't done anything.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
childishgambino6899 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 10:13 PM
Senior Member
 
grcauto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Flint, MI USA
Posts: 4,368
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1044 Post(s)
grcauto is an unknown quantity at this point
How many miles? Fuel additive is very likely not going to help if the problem is injectors. You'll want to run the proper cleaner right through the fuel rail.

Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most.
Hey you're not getting any younger
.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
grcauto is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Australia
Hyundai Getz
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
childishgambino6899 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grcauto View Post
How many miles? Fuel additive is very likely not going to help if the problem is injectors. You'll want to run the proper cleaner right through the fuel rail.
It's 280,000 KMs so I think that's 174, 000 miles ish and what sort of cleaner am I looking for can this be done at home or is this something for my mechanic to look at ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
childishgambino6899 is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 10:56 PM
Senior Member
 
grcauto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Flint, MI USA
Posts: 4,368
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1044 Post(s)
grcauto is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by childishgambino6899 View Post
It's 280,000 KMs so I think that's 174, 000 miles ish and what sort of cleaner am I looking for can this be done at home or is this something for my mechanic to look at ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
It requires a special tool that is fitted into the fuel rail at a point where the line from the tank hooks into the fuel rail. The fuel pump is disabled and you run the engine on the cleaner. It does a far superior job than any additive you use in the tank. To bad they don't use a shrader valve on those. There a fairly inexpensive tool that you can use with one of those valves.

Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most.
Hey you're not getting any younger
.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
grcauto is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Australia
Hyundai Getz
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
childishgambino6899 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grcauto View Post
It requires a special tool that is fitted into the fuel rail at a point where the line from the tank hooks into the fuel rail. The fuel pump is disabled and you run the engine on the cleaner. It does a far superior job than any additive you use in the tank. To bad they don't use a shrader valve on those. There a fairly inexpensive tool that you can use with one of those valves.
Well in that case I think it's better off that the mechanic does that, I wonder how much such a clean would cost ? Because I found all 4 genuine injectors for $500 would it be anywhere close to that ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
childishgambino6899 is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 12:46 AM
Senior Member
 
grcauto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Flint, MI USA
Posts: 4,368
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1044 Post(s)
grcauto is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by childishgambino6899 View Post
Well in that case I think it's better off that the mechanic does that, I wonder how much such a clean would cost ? Because I found all 4 genuine injectors for $500 would it be anywhere close to that ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Call around and ask. Shouldn't be over $150 to $200 at most. It's been a while but we did them for about $100 and that was maybe 4 or 5 years ago. We had a 3M system that worked real well and if it was a shrader valve it was never over $90 for a single clean. The cleaner was about $25 and a half hour labor for the most part.

Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most.
Hey you're not getting any younger
.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
grcauto is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Australia
Hyundai Getz
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
childishgambino6899 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grcauto View Post
Call around and ask. Shouldn't be over $150 to $200 at most. It's been a while but we did them for about $100 and that was maybe 4 or 5 years ago. We had a 3M system that worked real well and if it was a shrader valve it was never over $90 for a single clean. The cleaner was about $25 and a half hour labor for the most part.
Oh that's alright then If they're still around that price but I'll ask my mechanic when it goes in for its next service. Thanks for your expertise

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
childishgambino6899 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome