I would like to purchase a 2014 Santa Fe Sport, just looked at the car and have a couple of questions.
Link to a car
Link to Carfax report
From the report it seems that the car wasn't maintained for quite a while, Nissan dealer told that not everything is carfaxable and they would try to find some more info (service dept was closed at the time of our inspection, so they promised to provide records later).
Overall the car looks good, some findings:
+ original paint, measured with a tool showing paint thickness
+ breaks/rotors are good
+ no error codes
+ engine oil looks fresh, engine air filter is clean, look like it has been changed recently
+ no sign of frame damage (screws, frame looks original)
+ interior is in pretty good condition (apart from some dirt in panel seams, see pic)
- front glass not original
- low coolant level
- dipstick has yellow deposits
- engine oil cap looks ok
- missing screw holding battery
- missing trim on driver doors
* do you think it's crucial for the engine/turbo to miss scheduled maintenance, or Hyundai would replace engine anyways in case anything happens? (turbo?)
* is it normal for passenger widow markers to be mirrored inside the car? (see photo)
* exterior plastic covers has some white buildup, do you think it's recoverable?
* we saw some paint marks of different color on various parts under the hood, is this normal? (e.g. see low coolant pic, black, red marks, and white arrow at the left bottom; battery pic, red mark on the ground cable)
Thank you for any information!