Anyone ever install.... - Page 2 - Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
#11 Old 01-28-2013, 01:46 PM
senior member
 
jglopic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Spring, TX
Drives YF Sonata Hybrid
Posts: 802
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
jglopic is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks like there is a connector for the CHMSL (3rd brake light) behind the trim on the right side below the c-pillar. You would have to fold down the seat back to get to it. You may have to remove the seat-back to get there easily. I can't check for you, as the hybrid seats don't fold down at all! (You actually have to remove the entire rear seat in the hybrid to do anything to the CHMSL.)

Touring the greater Houston area and trying to save a little gas doing it!
jglopic is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#12 Old 01-28-2013, 02:26 PM
Senior Member
 
craigos26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, Al.
Posts: 485
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
craigos26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglopic View Post
Looks like there is a connector for the CHMSL (3rd brake light) behind the trim on the right side below the c-pillar. You would have to fold down the seat back to get to it. You may have to remove the seat-back to get there easily. I can't check for you, as the hybrid seats don't fold down at all! (You actually have to remove the entire rear seat in the hybrid to do anything to the CHMSL.)
The HMA Svc Site Manual per my Posts #5/6 just say "Remove Rear Seat", which I hope is the "bottom part", presuming it's easy to remove.

IF the Connector is there, I asked in #6 IF you can Splice the Flasher-Module into that location - OR - is there a Law of Electricity that states you have to get within (ie) 6 inches of the Bulb because (ie) the "electrical signal from the module to Flash" Only has the horse-Power to make it 6 inches along the wiring path.

Hopefully, someone knows and Replies. I'll email the eBay Seller and post IF I get an answer.

'14 Optima EX w/Premium Pkg
Snow Pearl White / Tan
Michelin Primacy MXM4
Husky Floor-Trunk Liners
Garmin nuvi 2557 LMT
Built 9/27/13

2011 Sonata Limited - Pacific Blue
Built 7/2/10


Politicians and Diapers Need Changing For the Same Reason
craigos26 is offline  
#13 Old 01-28-2013, 04:00 PM
senior member
 
jglopic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Spring, TX
Drives YF Sonata Hybrid
Posts: 802
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
jglopic is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigos26 View Post
The HMA Svc Site Manual per my Posts #5/6 just say "Remove Rear Seat", which I hope is the "bottom part", presuming it's easy to remove.

IF the Connector is there, I asked in #6 IF you can Splice the Flasher-Module into that location - OR - is there a Law of Electricity that states you have to get within (ie) 6 inches of the Bulb because (ie) the "electrical signal from the module to Flash" Only has the horse-Power to make it 6 inches along the wiring path.

Hopefully, someone knows and Replies. I'll email the eBay Seller and post IF I get an answer.
If you can get anywhere in the back half of the car, you should be fine. Yes, there is the potential that the flash could be dimmed or flash pattern distorted if there is too much wire between the module and the light. However, I would imagine that anywhere in the circuit would be effective in reality.

Touring the greater Houston area and trying to save a little gas doing it!
jglopic is offline  
#14 Old 01-28-2013, 05:41 PM
Senior Member
 
craigos26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, Al.
Posts: 485
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
craigos26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglopic View Post
If you can get anywhere in the back half of the car, you should be fine. Yes, there is the potential that the flash could be dimmed or flash pattern distorted if there is too much wire between the module and the light. However, I would imagine that anywhere in the circuit would be effective in reality.
Thanks. I emailed the Seller and even if I don't hear, I'll probably order as it's Not Big $$ and I've long wanted this.

The Only tiny issue I'll check first is my fading memory saying that a Flashing 3rd Brake Light breaks a State law here. Thanks again!

'14 Optima EX w/Premium Pkg
Snow Pearl White / Tan
Michelin Primacy MXM4
Husky Floor-Trunk Liners
Garmin nuvi 2557 LMT
Built 9/27/13

2011 Sonata Limited - Pacific Blue
Built 7/2/10


Politicians and Diapers Need Changing For the Same Reason
craigos26 is offline  
#15 Old 01-29-2013, 08:19 AM
Senior Member
 
craigos26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, Al.
Posts: 485
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
craigos26 is an unknown quantity at this point
eBay Seller Reply to question on Flasher-Module distance from Bulb: "You are ok, you can install it anywhere even far away from the light."

BIG 2nd Question: Module MANUAL: It works on both LED and incandescent bulbs (4 amps max - continues (means "continuous"? I presume).........
FAQ Bulb Change Sup-Thread Per Souks, I see 8w Brake Bulb mentioned
(1st post Ula states 28w /needs Edit) - AND - In Manual 7-56 & 57 I see 2 Stop Lamp Switches w/ 10A and 15A fuses...

What does "4A Max" mean in relation to the above Sonata specs?

Also, there appears to be a 2013 Ver that offers 0, 10, 20, 40 second intervals between the Flasher working; 1st Ver shows 20 & 40 sec intervals (ie) Press brake and Flashes; Won't Flash again w/Brake press for the stated interval period, so latest offers total flexibility in choices.

'14 Optima EX w/Premium Pkg
Snow Pearl White / Tan
Michelin Primacy MXM4
Husky Floor-Trunk Liners
Garmin nuvi 2557 LMT
Built 9/27/13

2011 Sonata Limited - Pacific Blue
Built 7/2/10


Politicians and Diapers Need Changing For the Same Reason

Last edited by craigos26; 01-29-2013 at 08:33 AM.
craigos26 is offline  
#16 Old 02-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mississauga
Drives 2013 Sonata SE!
Posts: 271
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Smutty is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage
Anyone ever install....

Got mine delivered today. Pretty quick! ImageUploadedByAG Free1360003182.146978.jpg

Will install tonight or tomorrow.


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2013 Graphite Blue Sonata SE - 2" Cat-Back Hi-Flow Exhaust - Cupholder Mod - Lighted Switches - LED Fogs - Umbrella Holder - Full LED Interior - 6000k HID Kit - 20mm Garage Line Spacers - 20" LED Trunk Light Strip - 20% Tints

Smutty is offline  
#17 Old 02-04-2013, 02:07 PM
Senior Member
 
quietfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mahwah NJ
Drives Sonata YF
Posts: 332
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
quietfly is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage
ooh i'm looking forward to a review
quietfly is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome