USB Map Update - Page 12 - Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
#111 Old 01-17-2013, 12:09 PM
Senior Member
 
craigos26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, Al.
Posts: 485
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
craigos26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrinflorida View Post
HURRAY!!

2011 Owners Rejoice!!


I got the phone call today from MapNSoft. They are shipping the USB stick with the software patch to fix the outside temperature reading. They called to verify the shipping address so be sure and answer calls from the 714 area code. The lady said I should have it next week.

I really missed my temp reading. I will be very glad to have it back!
An MnSoft Rep named Kyla just told me that the Patch means Installing the Entire Pkg again (ie 50-60 minutes data transfer), and the part I like is that The Temp Problem (per her) was NOT w/ MnSoft. The Direct-buyers still have it easy Vs. Dealer Upgrade-ers.

The Dealers will have to spend the same amt of time with the Patch as the original install and she/MnSoft claim NO responsibility for Dbl Labor. IF she is correct about that, the Dealers will have to learn WHO in Hyundai pays for this, so get emotionally ready for Olympic-level finger pointing and hope we get pleasantly surprised by an easier-than-feared outcome.

'14 Optima EX w/Premium Pkg
Snow Pearl White / Tan
Michelin Primacy MXM4
Husky Floor-Trunk Liners
Garmin nuvi 2557 LMT
Built 9/27/13

2011 Sonata Limited - Pacific Blue
Built 7/2/10


Politicians and Diapers Need Changing For the Same Reason
craigos26 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#112 Old 01-17-2013, 08:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Pool Float's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PA, USA
Drives 2013 Sonata SE
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Pool Float is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a '13 Sonata SE (mfd. 10-04-2012) with the Dimension radio/NAV. It was just at the dealer yesterday for schedule maintenance, and I asked him about a map update since the unit seems to have a pathetically small POI database. For whatever reason, when I search for for a POI, Planet Fitness for example, it doesn't list them by distance. They seem to be listed randomly and I have to scroll through the list to find the one closest.

Any chance there might be an update for this model before October/November?
Pool Float is offline  
#113 Old 01-17-2013, 10:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Atlanta/GA/USA
2011 Sonata Ltd
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Gerald47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigos26 View Post
An MnSoft Rep named Kyla just told me that the Patch means Installing the Entire Pkg again (ie 50-60 minutes data transfer), and the part I like is that The Temp Problem (per her) was NOT w/ MnSoft. The Direct-buyers still have it easy Vs. Dealer Upgrade-ers.

The Dealers will have to spend the same amt of time with the Patch as the original install and she/MnSoft claim NO responsibility for Dbl Labor. IF she is correct about that, the Dealers will have to learn WHO in Hyundai pays for this, so get emotionally ready for Olympic-level finger pointing and hope we get pleasantly surprised by an easier-than-feared outcome.
Craig...When I spoke with Kyla this past Monday and asked if the patch would be shipped this week [as jimrinflorida indicated], she replied "well, uh...soon".

Just wondering, did you get a more definitive response?
Gerald47 is offline  
#114 Old 01-18-2013, 06:32 AM
Senior Member
 
craigos26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, Al.
Posts: 485
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
craigos26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald47 View Post
Craig...When I spoke with Kyla this past Monday and asked if the patch would be shipped this week [as jimrinflorida indicated], she replied "well, uh...soon".

Just wondering, did you get a more definitive response?
Sorry, Gerald, I did not. Reached her on first try at 11:15 am CST
714-775-0727 - These are probably "lean" operating companies and the pilot may sometimes be the Shipping Dept, too. When your patience runs out, call 'em.

'14 Optima EX w/Premium Pkg
Snow Pearl White / Tan
Michelin Primacy MXM4
Husky Floor-Trunk Liners
Garmin nuvi 2557 LMT
Built 9/27/13

2011 Sonata Limited - Pacific Blue
Built 7/2/10


Politicians and Diapers Need Changing For the Same Reason
craigos26 is offline  
#115 Old 01-18-2013, 07:11 AM
Senior Member
 
craigos26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, Al.
Posts: 485
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
craigos26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pool Float View Post
I have a '13 Sonata SE (mfd. 10-04-2012) with the Dimension radio/NAV. It was just at the dealer yesterday for schedule maintenance, and I asked him about a map update since the unit seems to have a pathetically small POI database. For whatever reason, when I search for for a POI, Planet Fitness for example, it doesn't list them by distance. They seem to be listed randomly and I have to scroll through the list to find the one closest.

Any chance there might be an update for this model before October/November?
AFAIK, The only "recent" Upgrade Ver Date is 10/1/12. The Big Unknown: Was Hyundai organized enough to get the NEW VER into production BY "Your" 10/4 Build date?

Get your Software Ver data in Setup and call MnSoft 714-775-0727 to verify if you've got latest (Sonata11 posted the New version is 5.04.13) -

Results vary but I'd try insisting on Dealer Update since you (maybe) bought (just) AFTER the Update and your car was Built just after Update .... IF you're somehow Current maybe MnS Sppt can advise on your POI distance issue. Good Luck!

'14 Optima EX w/Premium Pkg
Snow Pearl White / Tan
Michelin Primacy MXM4
Husky Floor-Trunk Liners
Garmin nuvi 2557 LMT
Built 9/27/13

2011 Sonata Limited - Pacific Blue
Built 7/2/10


Politicians and Diapers Need Changing For the Same Reason
craigos26 is offline  
#116 Old 01-18-2013, 09:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Pool Float's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PA, USA
Drives 2013 Sonata SE
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Pool Float is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigos26 View Post
AFAIK, The only "recent" Upgrade Ver Date is 10/1/12. The Big Unknown: Was Hyundai organized enough to get the NEW VER into production BY "Your" 10/4 Build date?

Get your Software Ver data in Setup and call MnSoft 714-775-0727 to verify if you've got latest (Sonata11 posted the New version is 5.04.13) -

Results vary but I'd try insisting on Dealer Update since you (maybe) bought (just) AFTER the Update and your car was Built just after Update .... IF you're somehow Current maybe MnS Sppt can advise on your POI distance issue. Good Luck!
Thanks for the info! I'll give them a call on Monday to see if there is an update available.
Pool Float is offline  
#117 Old 01-21-2013, 05:16 PM
Senior Member
 
jimrinflorida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Florida
2014 Azera Ltd. Prem. 2013 Genesis Cp 3.8 GT 2011 Elantra Ltd Navi 2006 Sonata GL
Posts: 1,004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
jimrinflorida is an unknown quantity at this point
I got my USB stick today with the patch for 2011 Sonata's. Installing it right now. We will see if it fixes the outside temp reading which it should.
jimrinflorida is offline  
#118 Old 01-21-2013, 05:58 PM
Senior Member
 
jimrinflorida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Florida
2014 Azera Ltd. Prem. 2013 Genesis Cp 3.8 GT 2011 Elantra Ltd Navi 2006 Sonata GL
Posts: 1,004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
jimrinflorida is an unknown quantity at this point
IT WORKED!!

I now have my outside temperature reading back!!!!!

You use the same activation code as the one you used on the original installation.
jimrinflorida is offline  
#119 Old 01-21-2013, 07:05 PM
Senior Member
 
JamesEarl15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: WI, MN, GA USA (previous residences) Now VA.
2011 2.0T SE
Posts: 693
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
JamesEarl15
Re: USB Map Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrinflorida View Post
IT WORKED!!

I now have my outside temperature reading back!!!!!

You use the same activation code as the one you used on the original installation.
Well time to order..... Might want to put the website where to order it at....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

2011 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T Black/Black
Mods
-HID's Low Beam and Fogs
-Aftermarket back up camera
-20% tinted windows
-LED tail lights
-LED interior lights

Join Sonata Enthusiasts on Google + as well
JamesEarl15 is online now  
#120 Old 01-21-2013, 08:02 PM
Senior Member
 
jimrinflorida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Florida
2014 Azera Ltd. Prem. 2013 Genesis Cp 3.8 GT 2011 Elantra Ltd Navi 2006 Sonata GL
Posts: 1,004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
jimrinflorida is an unknown quantity at this point
Here is where you start.

https://mapnsoft.com/us/hyundai/search.asp

Expect to pay $209 w/USB stick now.
jimrinflorida is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome