Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Central Ohio
2011 Sonata 2.0 SE Turbo
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Are your LED's on? Looks like your low beams are..... looks dim.
D.I.Y. Time ... FOR YF WITH FOGLIGHTS!
( this is only meant to document how it works with my car I am not responsible for any decisions you make about your own car)
1) clean the bumper around the fogs thoroughly (I used microfiber and rubbing alcohol)
2) unscrew the two trim brackets holding in each splashguard
3) feed the white/positive and black/negative wires connected to the back of the LED DRL housings, through the space between the foglight and bumper ... (stick your hand up through the splash guard and pull the wires down and out of the area) ...
3.5) it is time to peel back just a little of the inner and outer tape backing to line-up the LED DRL housings - as they are lined up, maintain pressure to keep in place and gently pull the tape backing off ... hold for a minute so the tape can bond ... *note - the tape makes them stick out a couple MM ...
4) tie the other segment of wiring (that has a capacitor) to a string with a weight on it, and feed the shorter section through the splashguard ...
5) either solder, crimp butt connectors, or twist the pos./pos. and neg./neg. and use heat shtink tape or electrical tape to finish ...
6) on the passenger side, ziptie the capacitor as close to the grille as you can and run the wires over the radiator (there is foam to keep them in place if you.push back) ... on the driver's side you'll have some extra wiring, do zip tie everything below the capacitor ...
7) snip the wires coming off the driver's side capacitor just a few inches up from.the capacitor ...
8) twist, solder, or butt connect the wires coming from both capacitors together (pos./pos' and neg./.eg. ....
9) take the extra wires snipped off in step 7, and twist solder, or butt connect THAT pos. to pos. and neg. to neg.
10) put a spade connector on the pos. wire and secure it by crimping, etc. and then use a round connector on the neg. wire (secure it in the same fashion)
11) connect ground to neg. battery terminal, and then plug spade connector here
(be mindful to not damage the positive wire as you put the cap back on the block)
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|