Join Date: Sep 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was having no luck at all programming my Homelink mirror to my Liftmaster garage door opener. I've done this with our three other cars with no trouble in the past. The garage door uses rolling codes. I tried the instructions from the Hyundai manual with no luck. Then tried the instructions from the Liftmaster owners manual again with no luck. Finally tried the instructions from the manuals for out three other cars but nothing seemed to work. What finally worked was going to the Homelink website and downloading the specific instructions for Hyundai Sonata and LIftmaster. If anyone else is having the same problem go to Homelink.com for help. Here are the instructions if anyone else is trying to program their Homelink to a Liftmaster.
1. For first time training, press and hold the two outer HomeLink buttons, releasing only when the HomeLink indicator light begins to flash after 20 seconds. (Do not perform this step when training the additional HomeLink buttons.)
2. Position the hand-held transmitter 1-3 inches away from the HomeLink surface (located on your mirror), keeping the HomeLink indicator light in view.
3. Using both hands, simultaneously press and hold both the desired HomeLink button and hand held transmitter button. DO NOT release until the HomeLink indicator light flashes slowly and then rapidly. When the indicator light flashes rapidly, both buttons may be released. (The rapid flashing indicates successful training.)
Note: Some garage door openers may require you to replace step 3 with the “cycling” procedure noted in the “View Canadian Instructions” section.
4. Press and hold the trained HomeLink button and observe the indicator light.
If the indicator light is solid/continuous, training is complete and your device should activate when the HomeLink button is pressed and released.
If the indicator light blinks rapidly for 2 seconds and then turns a solid/continuous light, proceed with the following training instructions for a rolling code device. A second person may make the following steps quicker and easier. Please use a ladder or other device. Do not stand on your vehicle to perform the next steps.
5. At the garage door opener receiver (motorhead unit) in the garage, locate the “learn” or “smart” button (usually near where the hanging antenna wire is attached to the unit). If there is difficulty locating the training button, reference the garage door opener’s manual or contact us.
6. Press and release the “learn” or “smart” button (the name and color of the button may vary by manufacturer). NOTE: Once the button is pressed, there are 30 seconds in which to initiate the next step.
7. Return to the vehicle and firmly press and hold the trained HomeLink button for two seconds and release. Repeat the “press/hold/release” sequence up to 3 times to complete the training process.
HomeLink should now activate your device.
Retain the original hand-held transmitter of the RF device you are programming for use in other vehicles, as well as for future HomeLink programming. It is also suggested that upon the sale of the vehicle, the programmed HomeLink buttons be erased for security purposes. To erase the programmed buttons, perform the procedure shown in step number 1.
**To train additional HomeLink buttons, begin with step two.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|