Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Portland, Oregon (USA)
Drives: 2012 Elantra Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
To fold the rear seats:
- Remove the headrests and store
- Locate pull strap on bottom cushion and pull to flip bottom cushion forward.
- Unlock back rest and fold down.
As jadey said, they do not fold completely flat but it's close enough for government work.
To access behind the radio panel:
- Remove ashtray and locate two screws directly behind it.
- Remove both screws and give the base of the climate control panel a good yank. Don't be surprised if it hesitates...they can be finicky.
- With the climate control panel pulled forward, feel along the bottom edges of the radio panel and you'll locate two more screws that are oriented vertically. Remove those, as well.
- With the screws out, pop the bottom out gently and then give the top of the radio/vent fascia a push down at the back of the top in the center while tugging forward.
- Do [b]NOT pull too hard as the secondary switches are on a fairly short lead.
- Once the fascia is free, locate the secondary switches and simply disconnect them to get the entire piece free.
Installation is, as they say, the reverse of removal.
'12 Elantra Limited w/Tech - 'Emma'
Titanium Gray / Gray Leather
R.I.P. Robin Williams - 1951-2014
"We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."