Hyundai Forums banner

Service Campaign Tg1 Replaced Radio

14K views 53 replies 24 participants last post by  someguy 
#1 ·
I just took my 2011 Elantra Limited in for its first oil change. When I picked up the car I noticed that the radio was replaced and Campaign TG1 was on my invoice. I wanted to know if anybody knows what Campaign TG1 is? I would have asked the service manager but they were gone.

#2 ·
QUOTE (peloro @ Aug 4 2011, 09:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=486003
I just took my 2011 Elantra Limited in for its first oil change. When I picked up the car I noticed that the radio was replaced and Campaign TG1 was on my invoice. I wanted to know if anybody knows what Campaign TG1 is? I would have asked the service manager but they were gone.
See attachment...

Attachments

#5 ·
Good questions, I am also curious why the change was needed. Being that the actual radio was not replaced just the PCB panel, was there a problem with the buttons or does the PCB panel change have anything to do with the sound quality of the audio system???

Hyundai did a great job with the Elantra but they goofed when they put a tinny sounding audio system in the GLS! The new Accent has much more bass than the Elantra!

#6 ·
QUOTE (dadof2vets @ Aug 5 2011, 07:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=486137
Good questions, I am also curious why the change was needed. Being that the actual radio was not replaced just the PCB panel, was there a problem with the buttons or does the PCB panel change have anything to do with the sound quality of the audio system???

Hyundai did a great job with the Elantra but they goofed when they put a tinny sounding audio system in the GLS! The new Accent has much more bass than the Elantra!

They replaced more than just the PCB panel. I have a totally new radio.

#9 ·
QUOTE (peloro @ Aug 4 2011, 08:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=486003
Do you have nav? The pics only show a non-nav unit. Wonder if there's a difference.

G
#14 ·
I have noticed that the lcd screen on my non nav radio seems to be getting dimmer. I wonder if that is part of the problem with this service campaign. I was planning on having this issue looked at on my next oil change visit. But if they are going to change out the entire radio then that solves my problem as my car was manufactured before may 26th.

#15 ·
I just got back from the dealership. Still no answers, but they did replace the panel. They did not replace the audio unit (or what I think people are calling the "radio"). The panel includes the LCD displace. Personally, I don't notice any difference in sound quality or function. One thing I did notice was the technician scratched the gray trim on the right side of the radio. I pointed it out to the service advisor. He asked the technician who just happened to be walking by. The technician said "right side gray trim?". He knew he scratched it, and was hoping I would not notice. They are ordering a replacement trim piece. No one seems to know why they are replacing this panel.

#19 ·
Today I checked the day my car was manufactured, it is May 25, 2011, I made it by two days. I've had my car in for service twice already and the service manager did not mention anything about the service campaign TG1, replacing the audio PCB panel. Next time I go in I will be sure to take a copy of the TSB and find out why it wasn't mentioned to me or installed! So far my experience with Hyundai service is that it is not reliable and sub-par! Hopefully I will not have a major problem with the Elantra.

#23 ·
You need to report that experience directly to Hyundai. They do not take kindly to dealer practices that damage the brand reputation. I know my local dealer seems to be very sensitive to that and tries hard for customer satisfaction so you won't give them any demerits with Hyundai.

#24 ·
QUOTE (ncelantra2011 @ Aug 8 2011, 11:39 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=487513
I ended up purchasing from an out of town dealership because my local did not have any Elantras and couldn't seem to get any in. When I contacted my local about service I was basically told that since I didn't purchase the car there they didn't want anything to do with it.
I'm not sure but they can't do that,I bought my Elantra at Hyundai of Vega Alta and my steering wheel were replaced at Hyundai of Rexville...They didn't told me to go to the other dealer,they replaced it period....About the TG1 campaign the Service dept guy told me He don't know anything about that yet but as soon they receive the memo is going to be replaced.....

G
#25 ·
QUOTE (ncelantra2011 @ Aug 8 2011, 10:39 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=487513
I ended up purchasing from an out of town dealership because my local did not have any Elantras and couldn't seem to get any in. When I contacted my local about service I was basically told that since I didn't purchase the car there they didn't want anything to do with it.
your local dealership is a load of BS, you can service any automobile you want at any dealership but when you go to one that is actually for your car like for yourself another hyundai, you know you still get a certified hyundai mechanic that knows hyundai cars regardless of dealership not like if you went to a ford dealership(they will know a lot more about the ford then your car)

Back when i had my mistubishi, over half the cars in the shop at my dealer were bought from else where or different make

Dealers like it more when you have bought a car from them or long time customer but as far as i know of they still have to service you regardless

if you can get that in writting, get a copy of it and send it into Hyundai b/c that is wrong
(ex. it's like telling you didn't get the job b/c of your color or backgorund)

my 2 cents

#26 ·
QUOTE (Moncho @ Aug 8 2011, 11:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=487522
I'm not sure but they can't do that
I'm sure they can't. Not only can they not do that, it's just pretty stupid for a dealer to take that attitude. They're being paid by Hyundai for the warranty work.

I bought my Elantra at a dealer about 50 minutes from my home because the dealer 10 minutes away jerked me around a bit and I ended up geting a price $1000 less.

The dealership where I bought my car actually said they realized I probably wouldn't be bringing it there for service.

The dealership close to my home (which is also a mega-dealership with many makes) has two choices:

- Jerk me around on service since I didn't buy the car there.

- Make sure they provide courteous, top-quality service so that I keep coming to them for service and when I'm looking for a new car for my wife (another Hyundai or something else) I might give them another shot first.

It amazes me sometimes that people can have a profitable business with attitudes like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.