Hyundai Forums banner

Resetting Trip Odometer Question

15K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  cookiedough 
#1 ·
I have a 2011 santa fe and this is the first vehicle ever owned in over 20+ in my lifetime that you CANNOT just re-set the trip odometer or just say re-set the avg. mpg WITHOUT resetting everything all at once by pushing the reset button. Am I wrong on this? Is there a way to just reset the trip odometer without resetting everything else? Or just reset the avg mpg without resetting everything else by just pushing the reset button once? Seems stupid to me you cannot just reset 1 item at a time on my santa fe. Am I missing something?

#2 ·
QUOTE (cookiedough @ Jul 11 2011, 03:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=473688
I have a 2011 santa fe and this is the first vehicle ever owned in over 20+ in my lifetime that you CANNOT just re-set the trip odometer or just say re-set the avg. mpg WITHOUT resetting everything all at once by pushing the reset button. Am I wrong on this? Is there a way to just reset the trip odometer without resetting everything else? Or just reset the avg mpg without resetting everything else by just pushing the reset button once? Seems stupid to me you cannot just reset 1 item at a time on my santa fe. Am I missing something?
You can certainly reset the avg mpg, trip mileage and avg speed independently on UK models - there's no way of resetting them all in one operation.

#5 ·
How then? I just go to my trip odometer showing on the dash and push 'reset' once real quick and not only does that re-set to zero, but my avg. mpg goes away/resets also and my avg. fuel economy resets also at the same time. Keep the postings coming in because I wonder if the dealer can re-program the 'reset' button thru the techstream computer to ONLY 'reset' what is showing on the screen at the time vs. all settings being 'reset'???

#6 ·
For the heck of it, I called my selling dealer, and 2 other dealers locally. I swear, the techs or should I say the service writers in the service dept. all over are a bunch of idiots. I asked a simple question and expected a simple answer from someone who works on them daily. They all said I really don't know personally, but one thought it should be indepent of each other resetting 1 item at a time. But, all 3 dealers said bring it in and we will look at it. What the F! I expected a simple yes or no answer from a Hyundai service dept, but got the run around yet again. I swear Hyundai service dept. are a bunch of idiots all over me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.