Hyundai Forums banner

2008 Santa Fe Key / Remote Program

13K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  skanji 
#1 ·
I need a key and a lock/unlock/alarm thingy...

$250 from the dealer? Seriously??

#2 ·
Check with Canadian Tire. They now have a machine in which you insert your key and it detects what kind of security system is in the key and can then duplicate the key. Not sure if they also sell remotes though.

#4 ·
QUOTE (Stef71 @ Apr 18 2011, 08:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=432430
Check with Canadian Tire. They now have a machine in which you insert your key and it detects what kind of security system is in the key and can then duplicate the key. Not sure if they also sell remotes though.
I think I'd need the remote too...but the Key would do for now...

QUOTE (santa06 @ Apr 18 2011, 09:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=432450
The pirates of the great white north strike again.

Pick one up next down you are down south ; or maybe Fourgreenauto online but you would still need to bend over to get it programmed.
Can I walk into any US Hyundai dealership with my key and get another one with the remote too?? What would it run me, and how long would it take? Assuming I need my car too??

#5 ·
QUOTE (skanji @ Apr 18 2011, 11:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=432494
Can I walk into any US Hyundai dealership with my key and get another one with the remote too?? What would it run me, and how long would it take? Assuming I need my car too??
Post a nice pic of the key, mainly the pastic portion where key blank molded in..

Post a pic of the remote too.

We keep remotes majority of time, key blanks is not a fast moving item, though we do have a few..

#7 ·
If the key has the letter M on it and 6 dots then its the same as what I got from Fourgreen for $18 each plus shipping.
Works with ignition transponder and security system.

If you order a few items the shipping doesn't seem too bad.
Local lock shop near me has the softwear to program remotes and keys ; $25 covers reprogramming all remotes and keys if necessary. Might as well get two keys in case another one gets lost.

Fleabay has lots of used remotes shipped for around $20 total.

I have had US dealers ship me stuff via USPS and on smaller items there can be good savings. Try a state like Pennslvania with no state tax if you are shopping in person.

#8 ·
QUOTE (santa06 @ Apr 20 2011, 11:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=433464
If the key has the letter M on it and 6 dots then its the same as what I got from Fourgreen for $18 each plus shipping.

Local lock shop near me has the softwear to program remotes and keys ; $25 covers reprogramming all remotes and keys if necessary. Might as well get two keys in case another one gets lost.

I have had US dealers ship me stuff via USPS and on smaller items there can be good savings. Try a state like Pennslvania with no state tax if you are shopping in person.
The key has the letters M on the base of the key and the letter C on the key part.

The FOB has the following numbers on it:
IC: 5074a-hmt002
fcc id: plnhm-t002

Any thoughts? I am in Canada.

#9 ·
#10 ·
#13 ·
#15 ·
QUOTE (skanji @ Apr 25 2011, 01:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=435463
meaning only copy-able through the dealer?

The blank (immobilizer) itself will need to purchased from Hyundai..

Cutting,,, we refer customer up the street to the locksmith shop and they get a professional job done.. If customer needs key code, we will obtain that through Hyundai in couple minutes, provided person has proper .gov issued ID, and copy of current registration with their name on it. Then they go to lock shop and 'smith there cuts key from code.

After cutting, the key will need program to the module, so bring all (3) keys for write/re-write so module knows what to accept when key inserted. Need a valid working key to get into system to start the process, then write all 3 keys.

#16 ·
QUOTE (santa06 @ Apr 20 2011, 11:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=433464

OK, so I'll follow your instructions for the FOB. Sounds like $70 or so to get the FOB and programming. Can you let me know the name of the lock shop near you as I'm in Ontario as well (Ottawa, but travel to Toronto frequently)

Also, what did you do to get a new key??

#17 ·
QUOTE (skanji @ Apr 26 2011, 08:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=435918
OK, so I'll follow your instructions for the FOB. Sounds like $70 or so to get the FOB and programming. Can you let me know the name of the lock shop near you as I'm in Ontario as well (Ottawa, but travel to Toronto frequently)

Also, what did you do to get a new key??

Has something changed with the 2010 Santa? Can you now program mpre than 2 FOB's? I have a 2007 and the dealer said only 2 FOB's can be in memory, other posters have also confirmed you could do only 2.

#19 ·
ok thats strange if you have three keys with the immobilizer then there should be three fobs and clearly you can only program two in memory to operate the doors. I only got two keys with fobs here in the states and when I tried to add the third fob I ran into the car programming issue.

#20 ·
QUOTE (steveH @ Apr 30 2011, 02:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=438183
ok thats strange if you have three keys with the immobilizer then there should be three fobs and clearly you can only program two in memory to operate the doors. I only got two keys with fobs here in the states and when I tried to add the third fob I ran into the car programming issue.

Immobilizer will allow 3 key to memory I think it is..

RKE (Remote Keyless Entry) will only allow for 2 in memory

Immobilizer and RKE is 2 seperate system/function.... Immobilizer is function of PCM... RKE is BCM I want to say.

On the GDS menu, I can select "IMMOBILIZER" tab for keys... and "CODE SAVE" for RKE remote program

#21 ·
Local lock/safe shop cut my new keys from Fourgreen last week ; they were too busy to program them so I have to go back again.

I'll relay back what they are able to do ; I bought a third used FOB on ebay so my daughter can have one ; hopefully they can program it with the exttra key. Otherwise I'm out $20, and will have a non functioning spare.

The place is called Gamble Lock & Safe in Newmarket; they said $25 to program keys and extra remote.
I'm working night shifts right now so it could be a few days.

Immobilizers are a pain ; had to disable the Passlock I security on a Malibu we had. Replacing ignition key switch and programming was going to be more than what the car was worth almost.

#22 ·
QUOTE (santa06 @ May 3 2011, 11:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=439859
Local lock/safe shop cut my new keys from Fourgreen last week ; they were too busy to program them so I have to go back again.

I'll relay back what they are able to do ; I bought a third used FOB on ebay so my daughter can have one ; hopefully they can program it with the exttra key. Otherwise I'm out $20, and will have a non functioning spare.

The place is called Gamble Lock & Safe in Newmarket; they said $25 to program keys and extra remote.
I'm working night shifts right now so it could be a few days.

Immobilizers are a pain ; had to disable the Passlock I security on a Malibu we had. Replacing ignition key switch and programming was going to be more than what the car was worth almost.
Santa06,

Being from Ontario and also having the same key and FOB, I need some more help from you personally. Here is what is on the list:
1) buy fob
2) buy key
3) program fob
4) cut key

For 1) and 2):
On fourgreen's website (fourgreen.com), I don't see the keys or fob there. Did you get the fob AND the keys there?

For 3 and 4:
Can I get this done locally by any shop or do i have to go somewhere spefic?

What will all of the above cost me too? Tempted to just pay the $250 if I have to, if it's going to take me a ton of time and effort to save $100 bux or so...

Thoughts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.