Hyundai Forums banner

Clicking Noise When Turning

10K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  mariojas 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I have a little problem that's starting to occur this past week and I want to get some advice before going to the dealer.

When I accelerate from stop the left wheel it like makes a "clicking" noise as the car starts accelerating, once in motion there is no "clicking"

Any ideas what might cause it?

#3 ·
QUOTE (Luxury @ Apr 1 2011, 09:14 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=424041
A bad CV joint can make a clicking noise under load, especially when making sharp turns.
Yea that's what I thought at first.. I'll take a look at it today, maybe it just needs some lubrication.. and if not and it needs to be replaced... sucks that I'm not the original owner of the car(warranty)

any tips with what should i lubricate it?

#4 ·
you will very likely be wasting your time trying to lubricate it, best just go for a new one

to lubricate the joint you will need to jack the car up, remove the clip from each end of the rubber boot that covers the c.v. joint, pull the boot back along the drive shaft to expose the c.v. joint and then pack the joint and the inside of the boot with lith molly grease (or similar) then re-fit the boot with new clips.

its a very dirty messy job and probably won't make any difference

#5 ·
How many miles? I have an 06 Sonata GLS V6 in FL. I have 110k now, but I discovered a slight cut in my left CV boot. I'm going to try to seal with "The Right Stuff." I'm not sure if it will work, but well worth a try.

#6 ·
QUOTE (Montego @ Apr 1 2011, 07:48 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=424059
you will very likely be wasting your time trying to lubricate it, best just go for a new one

to lubricate the joint you will need to jack the car up, remove the clip from each end of the rubber boot that covers the c.v. joint, pull the boot back along the drive shaft to expose the c.v. joint and then pack the joint and the inside of the boot with lith molly grease (or similar) then re-fit the boot with new clips.

its a very dirty messy job and probably won't make any difference
I agree. If it's already making noise, it's too late for lube.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.