Hyundai Forums banner

Rear Wiper Replacement

28K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  megmmm 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Does anyone know the size/type for the rear wiper on the 2010 Elantra Touring? Are they available retail or do I have to get it from the dealer? Mine was ripped up after an ice storm.

#3 ·
QUOTE (smullenix @ Dec 19 2010, 04:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=381514
Does anyone know the size/type for the rear wiper on the 2010 Elantra Touring? Are they available retail or do I have to get it from the dealer? Mine was ripped up after an ice storm.
Just went through this last week as mine is also ripped after less than a year. Tried the two available 12" rear blades at Advance Auto Parts and neither fit (the guy at AAP was really surprised about that). Went to the dealer, discovered the part is $22 and it was not in stock. The blade is covered under the 1 year/12k miles warranty. Sadly I am over the mileage and they would not agree to cover it for me.

Stuff like this really makes me angry. There is absolutely NO excuse for having a part like a wiper blade be a dealer only part. 12" rear blades are readily available, if only they designed the hook arm to fit one of them.

#5 ·
Thanks a lot for this post guys. I went to my local dealship and they wanted to charge me $43 +tax for the rear wiper lol (this is Canada.. where auto stuff sucks). I'm going to call them back to see if I have coverage as it's still in the 1st year.. somehow I bet I'll get the shaft in Canada.

#7 ·
QUOTE (pestul @ Jan 31 2011, 10:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=396616
Thanks a lot for this post guys. I went to my local dealship and they wanted to charge me $43 +tax for the rear wiper lol (this is Canada.. where auto stuff sucks). I'm going to call them back to see if I have coverage as it's still in the 1st year.. somehow I bet I'll get the shaft in Canada.

QUOTE (pestul @ Jan 31 2011, 10:42 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=396618
..and they don't. So I'll probably be ordering 3 or so of these ones off Ebay. Thanks again.
How many miles do you have? Did you check the warranty to see what it says? In the US it's 12 months/12k miles.

Meanwhile, I have an update to my story. I brought my car to the dealer on Saturday for my state inspection. I told the dealer not to replace the rear wiper because I had one on order and it was not required to pass the inspection. When I went to pick it up, the service manager told me that he was going to order one for me (for free) under warranty and asked why I had not asked them originally before ordering one. I told him I had spoken to the service rep and she told me they would not cover it after the 12k miles. He said I should have asked for him. They did not have it in stock but should have it this week. When my Korea blade shows up I will just hold onto it for the next time it needs to be replaced. I only ordered one blade since there was no shipping discount for ordering multiples.

Update: the mail just arrived and the blade is here. It's a Hyundai part (as expected), they just taped over the packaging and stuck a label on it. Given the crappy weather here in NY, I may install it and keep the dealer replacement for next time. They mailed it on the 24th so it took just over a week to arrive.

Update 2: the blade fit perfectly. Actually easier to install than the front blades.

#8 ·
Thanks for the update. I just ordered 3. By chance, this model wouldn't fit on the rear assembly of a 2006 Hyundai Accent would it?

I was going to order some cheap replacements for my friend as well, but I'll give her one of mine if it works. For some reason I think she may still have free ride though having purchased the car in 2006 (5yr free ride). Not sure, all I know is her rear blade is f'ed up.

#9 ·
QUOTE (pestul @ Feb 7 2011, 08:54 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=399236
Thanks for the update. I just ordered 3. By chance, this model wouldn't fit on the rear assembly of a 2006 Hyundai Accent would it?

I was going to order some cheap replacements for my friend as well, but I'll give her one of mine if it works. For some reason I think she may still have free ride though having purchased the car in 2006 (5yr free ride). Not sure, all I know is her rear blade is f'ed up.
Not sure if it fits a 2006 Accent. You can check an auto parts website like Advance Auto Parts and see if they list a rear wiper blade for that car. They do not for the ET. If you find one for the Accent, then this is not the blade. The other option is to email the ebay seller and ask them.

#11 ·
Get ready. All you guys looking for a rear wiper blade for the Elantra. Only Hyundai sells it. It must be a big racket because they are expensive and I have had to replace mine every year. My brother has the same model car and this year he had to replace it twice. It is a very cheap wiper and shreds like crazy no matter how careful you are...and I baby mine, wiping it careful to make sure it is not getting ice or snow etc on it or getting frozen etc. but it still shreds. I have Bosch wipers on my front and they work great but they do not make the back one. Good luck. If anyone finds a good source and one that actually has been tried and fits then let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.