Hyundai Forums banner

I30 Crdi. Engine Oil Change.

19K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  onine 
#1 ·
G'day from kayak!
I am about to change the engine oil on my i30 crdi for the first time.
I did a lot of research, what oil to use. I will be using "Castrol edge sport 5W-30 Synthetic.
Can any one tell me, will there be a lot of engine oil running out and make a mess, when I remove the oil filter casing(cover)??
Thank you.[attachment=13780:TK1

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
QUOTE (kayak @ Aug 26 2009, 07:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=258877
Well" I can give my own replay.
Changed the engine oil on my i30 diesel.
No problem, no mess at oil filter removal.
Regards to all members.
Gday mate. This place is pretty quiet. How did the change go? any reason why you chose the edge 5w-30 over the ow-40 edge?

Does the CRDi engine use a traditional spin on filter, or cartridge type? How are you finding the i30? it would be on my short list if i ever bought a new car.

#5 ·
QUOTE (kayak @ Aug 10 2009, 10:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=255166
G'day from kayak!
I am about to change the engine oil on my i30 crdi for the first time.
I did a lot of research, what oil to use. I will be using "Castrol edge sport 5W-30 Synthetic.
Can any one tell me, will there be a lot of engine oil running out and make a mess, when I remove the oil filter casing(cover)??
Thank you.[attachment=13780:TK1[/quote]I just spoke to castrol Au and their recomendations are CASTROL EDGE SPORT 0W-40 for engine with particulate filter and If not fitted with (CPF), may also use CASTROL EDGE SPORT 5W-30.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.