Isc (idle Speed Control) Actuator

9K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  vtol 
#1 ·
Hi
Nice forum

Hyundai 2000
MODEL: Elantra 2.0L DOHC16V
ENGINE: G4CP

I have an ISC (Idle Speed Control) actuator controled by the PCM that keeps running even when the key is out of the ignition, which runs down the battery after a couple days.

Any input on this would be appreciated highly :liebe011:

#2 ·
do you know if the idle control speed actuator should be running if the vehicle is not running but the key in the on position ? i just wondering cuz i got a problem with a low voltage o2 sensor but i dont think it a bad o2 i think something is causing it to say low voltage kinda like something might be pulling juice when it shouldnt and that was the only i seee that might be acting funny

#3 ·
No I don't know how the ISC is susposed to act, but I know mine is for sure acting wrongly, its actually the first time I worked on the car myself, other than installing that sensor that screws into the exhaust manifold (forget its name) Hyundai dealership said that was why the maintenance light stayed on, but that was a wasted of 96 bucks and a nasty job getting the exhaust manifold tin cover bolts out without striping them.
Turned out it was just a bad battery was why the maintenance light stayed on.
I would have to look up OC to see what that is actually - hehe, I kinda teach my self as I go (Sofa College). You should be able to find out the resistance of the OC prongs and check the sensor with a 10 dollar volt ohm meter, I would think.
Just make sure you dont send the ohm meters 1.5 volts setting into any wires that might lead to the brain box or simular, less than 1 volt could destroy things. Make sure its completely unplugged from the car before testing. And the cars 12v could destroy a ohm meter in return.

Well, mine, the ISC actually hums real load and vibrates 24 hours a day with the key in off position and key out of ignition switch. Its drawing about 2 amps i would guess, cause a 650ma solar panel could not keep up. I was thinking maybe putting a 12v relay to trickingly disconect it by way of a ignition hot wire bypass, since I heard you could unplug them and the car would run fine if it was warmed up, so that would mean my tricky bypass should work where the car dont feel a thing.
I guess I'm the only one with this problem, not sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.