Hyundai Forums banner

Tucson Annoyances

29K views 103 replies 54 participants last post by  madgemini 
#1 ·
Its only 8 months in and out of all the vehicles I've had, the Tucson has the least amount of annoyances, but it still has some.

My list of annoyances are...
1-Pop up message stating key fob is not in the vehicle.
--Every time my better half leaves the car with their fob, a message pops up that says key is not in the car even though my fob is right next to the shifter.

2-For a brand new car, the brakes squeal alot but its not constant. And its also not right after it rains or long periods of dry spells either, it only happens once in a while and it drives me nuts when it does.

And basically that is it, everything else is fine. She is running like a champ and I still smile every time I go for a ride.

TS

Reactions: charlieprince
#17 ·
I was disappointed by that - the vehicle has fully powered front seats and a memory function would have been nice - and way more useful than the Speed Limit thingy which the GPS already knows anyway. And the big sister Santa Fe does have memory seats. On a Premium SE Tucson, I would have expected that to be there.

My other main annoyance is that the GPS/Nav does not seem to have a overspeed warning. It knows the speed so why not? Other Hyundais have this feature.

However, I love the way it drives - it feels like it is glued to the road and goes like sh*t off a hot shovel (for its class, we are not comparing this to a Tesla Model S!!!)

#15 ·
New battery?, even if the vehicle is only 8-9 months old? Then again, stranger things happen. I'll have them check both on my next scheduled visit. Thanks for the tip.

The idiot voice control doesn't recognize most of my commands. Even simple stuff like "Call Susan" brings up a variety of options, different ones each time.
Funny, I have yet to try out the voice control commands.

Speaking of voice, another thing that annoys me which I didn't mention in my previous post is the fact that you can't change the voice of the navigation. With previous Android navigation, one could change it to from US female to UK male for example, but Google took that away and on the default OEM navigation, there is no way to do it either.

TS out

#6 ·
Mine is when I have set the LOCK doors and unLOCK in PARK, the rear doors do NOT always unlock. I've told service about it 3 times (no problem found). So, I only set LOCKS when we travel out of state.

We also love our Tucson.

Reactions: dsocec
#18 ·
Mine is OK in that respect. I've tried the various settings (lock at 5mph, lock when shifted, unlock when park vs stop. I like the lock/unlock on shift/park best. I think it's the safest. Passengers hear the click and know it's safe to leave. It has been reliable for me. Also it does not unlock waiting at traffic lights.

#8 ·
The 8" audio doesn't remember the last setting. IE, when I set it for SirusXM full screen, the next time I run the car it reverts to nav/XM split.

The idiot voice control doesn't recognize most of my commands. Even simple stuff like "Call Susan" brings up a variety of options, different ones each time.

#9 ·
I know what it came with and what it didn't, so can't say what I knew it didn't have is annoying. Had that option been that important, I would have bought elsewhere.

Runs great, brakes quiet, great mileage, comfortable and quiet on the road. Smart hatch took a little getting used to, now if I hear one beep I just quickly move away.

Only thing I have to remember, is the voice commands are a little different than what's in the Elantra.

#10 ·
My biggest gripes,
No memory seats - seems this is standard on other limited cars.
You can't run only the fan, it is either the AC or the Heat, can't have fresh air come in regardless of the temps.
Once you cancel your Bluelink subscription everytime you start the car after standing for a day or so you have to acknowledge that your subscription has changed.

Other than that not much.

#55 ·
You can't run only the fan, it is either the AC or the Heat, can't have fresh air come in regardless of the temps.
Try setting it to a cool temperature, then turn the AC on manually (so the light comes on) then back off. Seems to work for me anyway.

My annoyances:
Key fob detaches too easily and is too susceptible to "pocket dialing".
MP3 play order is determined by alphabetical file name within each album. Not the track number in the id3 tag.
Panning on the map does funny things if you hold your finger down too long.
One-touch open/close of windows is only on the driver's window instead of all four.
I wish the light level sensor (for automatic headlights) was in a different place. I use a windshield sunshade that blocks the sensor, so when I first start the car it thinks it's night and puts the headlights on and dims the dash for a few seconds before it realizes "oh, it's not night!".
The mismatched high beams/fog lights/HIDs....

#11 ·
- I will also throw my name into the memory seats hat. Drives me crazy. It's not a big deal for my wife because she jumps in and moves the seat up. It's a big deal for me tho because in her position it's a pain in the ass getting in if I forget to move it back first.

- The hatch not cinching fully closed when it's really cold out is annoying.

#68 · (Edited)
- The hatch not cinching fully closed when it's really cold out is annoying.
This started happening recently. Not all the time but still, I agree it is annoying.

And for some reason my windshield washer spray shooters are not working. I thought I was out of washer liquid but it was almost full. Could be the lines are frozen, but the liquid is good for sub-temps.

Reactions: lionelhuts
#14 ·
- air conditioning randomly switching to outside air when i have the sunroof/vent open. even when its closed, and does it especially when im behind a diesel bus

- cruise control not staying in the same speed i set it to and downshifting randomly even though it has enough power in 6th gear to stay at speed

- trash speakers even on an ultimate

- autohold glitching and jolting the car randomly

- and a lack of power for highway driving and overtaking at 90 mph even on their flagship 2.4 gdi engine but not every car is perfect

memory seats are a plus but i never let anyone drive besides myself, the squeaky breaks are expected in a dusty country like mine, the keyfob is solved by a keycover and the BSD sound can be changed in the speedometer display settings, there should be a volume switch for the sensors, should apply to the BSD too

#16 ·
My biggest gripe is the transmission on my Limited 1.6 Turbo. I've had the recall reprogram done, but it still feels like its slipping on takeoff, and the downshift with turbo lag is terrible. The only way I can tolerate driving it around town is in Sport mode, and then its super touchy. The tip in from a stop feels like its riding a clutch. At highway speeds, it will downshift and rev to the moon with absolutely no power delivery for an uncomfortable moment and then it will apply power in whatever gear it decided to grab.

Otherwise, its a decent little rig. Im not an audiophile, so the stereo is fine for me. My girlfriend and me are about the same height, so we don't have to adjust the seat or wheel ever....maybe the mirrors once in a while.

#22 ·
the biggest annoyance for me are the radio steering wheel controls. try this - it will drive you nuts......

on the nav screen if you are on the radio/sat radio screen and change channels it will go one way through the saved stations.....

if you're on any other screen but that one, it cycles in the OPPOSITE direction with the same button pushed!

#24 ·
I've had my Tucson for a little over a week and put about 200 miles on it. I'm still getting used to the key fob on this one, I have set off the alarm multiple times now from having the key in my pocket and sitting the wrong way, the speakers are pretty lousy, the auto open rear hatch is pretty sensitive and I have accidentally set it off a few times just being too close to the rear when working outside. As the thread states, these are annoyances, and don't change the fact that I am loving this new vehicle.

#26 ·
I only have 2 annoyances. The biggest annoyance is the rattle noise coming from the rear passenger seat. Based on the large number of posts on the subject I know it is a common problem in this vehicle. If I drive with the seat folded down the noise goes away, so that's what I do. The other annoyance is the key fob on my SE. For some reason it is bigger and heavier than any key fob I have had before. I feel like I'm carrying a toaster in my pocket. But the worst thing about the key fob is I am routinely accidentally setting off the alarm or unlocking the doors. I never had that problem before with any other key fob.

Overall I am very happy with my Tucson SE. I have no regrets in my decision to buy it.

#27 ·
rosstermyer hit it on the head. Different radio channel control depending on the screen you're on. Up down vs right left.
Also: annoyed with: 1) too soon to loose a CD player. Maybe next generation. 2) I don't have a multimedia owner's manual, but I constantly have to choose USB for my music.

For prior owners (2012) a tonneau cover that doesn't match, a net with hooks instead of loops.

#29 ·
HI all,

New board member and driving a 2016 Tuscon Limited AWD - loving the ride but the couple things I would have loved to have seen but aren't on the vehicle are (similar to many other) memory power drivers seat. Short wife and average height husband = husband banging knees off steering wheel too often. Surprising it's not offered - its' such a nice thing to have, I had it on a Ford Exporer limited years ago and have missed it ever since.

Other thing I miss that I didn't even know wasn't on there is the ability to switch the digital spedo from KM/HR to Miles per hour. Living in Canada I never thought to ask about it and when we drove down to Pittsburgh on a hockey game/football game trip I was shocked it didn't have it.

All and all still a great ride though.

Would have liked to have seen an option for black rims from the dealership but I've covered that with getting my factory rims painted this week. :)

Would also have loved a blacked out logo and badge option but no go and I"m still on the hunt for aftermarket ones as I'd prefer not to remove and paint or plastidip mine - anyone know a good source in Canada - GTA?

Cheers
Cush

#30 ·
In the US the Night edition comes black rims, door handles, and I believe badges. Are you sure you cannot switch Mph/Kph in driver settings? On my Sport trim in the US it has options to display tire pressure in psi/bar, fuel in Gal/Liter, I dont recall if speed can be changed but will check next drive.

#33 ·
^ entirely possible and probable but a pain (in my opinion) as even the numbers on the larger non-digital speedo are set so the larger outer ones are KM/hr while the MPH numbers on the inside are much smaller. Just seems like something that would have been easy to include. I had a 2007 Chevy Impala (company ride) that had it so I was surprised the new Hyundai didn't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.