Hyundai Forums banner

2001 help with dashboard lights

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  kroll124 
#1 ·
it started with me trying to rewire stereo wires for a new stereo, accidentally let 2 wires touch eachother. Found out that all the dash lights(including all the centre console lights) were as dim as they can possibly be and after a while the stopped working completly.
couldnt find a fuse for dashlights on fuse diagaram so checked all the fuses one by one and non of them were burnt.
So does anyone know how could i solve this?
And how can some stereo wires cause this?
i think i has something to do with the "illumination wire"

#2 ·
Does this include the lights on your instrument cluster? If so wow that sucks. I too installed a new deck about three weeks ago and after doing so I realized my driver side speakers don't work. Not sure if it was like this, or if I caused this and only noticed after testing it all out post-installation.

Hopefully someone with the solution to your issue can help me figure out how to fix my driver side speakers.

Don't mean to thread hijack, figure this is related and don't want to make a separate thread just for this.

#6 ·
yeah actually, i checked with a device ( dont know whats it called) which two of three wires complete the circuit and after bridging them nothing happened.
checked with the device again and there wasnt a powercircuit happening.
Gonna buy a new dimmer controlunit and see how it goes.

#5 ·
Almost certainly you shorted the instrument lighting wire to some ground.
The electronic dimmer (on left side steering wheel) could be damaged, so no output anymore. You could look into the servicesite https://www.hyundaitechinfo.com if you can find a schematic of the wiring to it.
Maybe there is a (blown) fuse inside, I don't know.
Also you could temporarily bridge the output lights wire to the incoming voltage on the connector, so you have instrument lights again.
Good luck,
Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.