V6 Dual catback exhaust - Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 Old 01-17-2013, 01:37 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Fountain/Colorado
2006 V6 Mazda6 2007 V6 Hyundai Sonata
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SevenSonata is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Lightbulb V6 Dual catback exhaust

So I'm thinking I'm going to get a new exhaust on my sonata. Not wanting to pay a ton for the one online so I'm gonna see if my local shop can make one for me. I wanted to know from you guys have any of you had custom exhaust work? And my main question what is a fair price I should be looking at paying? Yes for stainless steel, don't want corrosion to soon. Thanks!
SevenSonata is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 01-17-2013, 11:19 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR
 
v33sonata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lost in the Abyss. USA
Drives: 06 Hyundai Sonata V6, 13 Kia Rio, 85 AE86 20v BT, 02 GSF1200, 04 SV650, 95 GMC Sierra 4x4
Posts: 4,547
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
v33sonata is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage
Send a message via AIM to v33sonata Send a message via Yahoo to v33sonata Send a message via Skype™ to v33sonata
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSonata View Post
So I'm thinking I'm going to get a new exhaust on my sonata. Not wanting to pay a ton for the one online so I'm gonna see if my local shop can make one for me. I wanted to know from you guys have any of you had custom exhaust work? And my main question what is a fair price I should be looking at paying? Yes for stainless steel, don't want corrosion to soon. Thanks!
Redesigned Exhaust
v33sonata is offline  
#3 Old 01-17-2013, 12:44 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Fountain/Colorado
2006 V6 Mazda6 2007 V6 Hyundai Sonata
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SevenSonata is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Sorry. I should have done more research through the forums, this has been brought up several times. So the estimate I got from one shop is 440$. Sounds a little bit higher than I expected. But do you think that's fair or?
SevenSonata is offline  
#4 Old 01-17-2013, 01:08 PM
Senior Member
 
alfu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,140
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
alfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSonata View Post
Sorry. I should have done more research through the forums, this has been brought up several times. So the estimate I got from one shop is 440$. Sounds a little bit higher than I expected. But do you think that's fair or?
if the shop is going to charge u 440 i assume they will be providing 2 good mufflers like magnaflow.

since our factory mufflers are flow-through (not chambered) aftermarket mufflers wont give u any performance gains. i would just replace the 3rd cat and resonator with with a 2.5" pipe leaving oem y-pipe and mufflers. car will get a little throatier but not loud enough to attract unwanted attention from police or make long distance trips a nuisance.

2007 Hyundai Sonata SE 3.3L V6
CAI, RRM NSPP, RRM Fuel Controller, 3.8 Alluminum Intake Manifold, OBX Pulley, Cat Delete, 2.5" CBE, Custom H&R Lowering Springs, 20x9 Axis MOD SE7EN Wheels, TOYO 245/35/20, Studie Lip Kit, 6000K Xenon HID (Lo), (2) 8" Inifity 860w Subwoofer, BOSS R1100M Amplifier, (4) KICKER DS5250, Kenwood Head-Unit, VIP Dildo Shift Knob
alfu is offline  
#5 Old 01-17-2013, 01:55 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Fountain/Colorado
2006 V6 Mazda6 2007 V6 Hyundai Sonata
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SevenSonata is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Yeah it was for a whole exhaust swap. 2.5 tubing and 3 inch tips. (Magnaflow). Off subject but seen a thread on here now can't find it. I got quoted 139$ to wrap the top of my car glossy black.
SevenSonata is offline  
#6 Old 01-18-2013, 11:51 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR
 
v33sonata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lost in the Abyss. USA
Drives: 06 Hyundai Sonata V6, 13 Kia Rio, 85 AE86 20v BT, 02 GSF1200, 04 SV650, 95 GMC Sierra 4x4
Posts: 4,547
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
v33sonata is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage
Send a message via AIM to v33sonata Send a message via Yahoo to v33sonata Send a message via Skype™ to v33sonata
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfu View Post
if the shop is going to charge u 440 i assume they will be providing 2 good mufflers like magnaflow.

since our factory mufflers are flow-through (not chambered) aftermarket mufflers wont give u any performance gains. i would just replace the 3rd cat and resonator with with a 2.5" pipe leaving oem y-pipe and mufflers. car will get a little throatier but not loud enough to attract unwanted attention from police or make long distance trips a nuisance.
This is not true you will definitely see gains
v33sonata is offline  
#7 Old 01-18-2013, 08:17 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Fountain/Colorado
2006 V6 Mazda6 2007 V6 Hyundai Sonata
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SevenSonata is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
What about ecu? I hear it adjusts back to normal as if there was a stock exhaust. I wish there was a way or a nice tool we could flash our ecu's without sending to Korea or going to some shop. I haven't seen any flash tools for the sonata.
SevenSonata is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome