Hood Release - Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 Old 12-28-2009, 10:08 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
chicotheman123
(Thread Starter)
Unhappy

Hi is there any way to open up hood when the hood release cable doesn't work(broken)
chicotheman123 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 12-28-2009, 10:32 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thetyguy
Oh, that's unfortunate. Do you know where the cable broke? If it just broke at the lever, you should be able to grab the end and still release the hood mechanism. If it broke further up the line where it's not accessible, then things get a little complicated. I'll have to check my grill area to see if you can access the latch by removing any components from the exterior (after work).

-Ty
thetyguy is offline  
#3 Old 12-28-2009, 10:36 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
chicotheman123
(Thread Starter)
QUOTE (thetyguy @ Dec 28 2009, 10:32 AM)
Quote:
Oh, that's unfortunate. Do you know where the cable broke? If it just broke at the lever, you should be able to grab the end and still release the hood mechanism. If it broke further up the line where it's not accessible, then things get a little complicated. I'll have to check my grill area to see if you can access the latch by removing any components from the exterior (after work).

-Ty
it's broken some where down the line it's intact in the car
chicotheman123 is offline  
#4 Old 12-28-2009, 12:28 PM
Senior Member
 
delhiboy3732's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 89110
Posts: 541
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
delhiboy3732
Send a message via Yahoo to delhiboy3732
QUOTE (chico @ Dec 28 2009, 07:36 AM)
Quote:
it's broken some where down the line it's intact in the car
I do not know how to do it but I know its a minute job at the dealership or at a bodyshop.
delhiboy3732 is offline  
#5 Old 12-29-2009, 11:09 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thetyguy
Checking the setup on my 06, there is limited access to the latching system through the grill, but the cable portion is masked by a small shroud. Like delhiboy3732 mentioned, the dealer will probably have a simple trick. I wish I could be more help.

-Ty
thetyguy is offline  
#6 Old 12-30-2009, 12:18 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
chicotheman123
(Thread Starter)
Post

QUOTE (thetyguy @ Dec 29 2009, 11:09 AM)
Quote:
Checking the setup on my 06, there is limited access to the latching system through the grill, but the cable portion is masked by a small shroud. Like delhiboy3732 mentioned, the dealer will probably have a simple trick. I wish I could be more help.

-Ty
Thanks everyone got it opened I was able to pull the cable with a plyer(can't spell) it was streached so will need to replace it or run a seperate line going threw the grill.
chicotheman123 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome