Join Date: Aug 2013
2013 Elantra GLS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So i tried multiple usb flash drives to play mp3 songs in the vehicle.
As a test, I tried 10 different make/model flash drives, formatted them with the different types and copied 4 folders consisting of 10 songs to each.
When i say doesn't work, means the radio resulted in the error message of "connection error". Here is what i found:
* Windows NTFS, MAC OS HGST and Windows FAT format doesn't work
* Lexar, Kngston, PNY and Centon flash drives don't work
* Patriot flash drives formatted with FAT32 works
* Sandisk flash drives formatted with FAT32 works
* Tested sizes were from 8gb to 32gb
Have not tested an external usb hd or a microsd card in a usb adapter. Right now i am using a 32gb sandisk with over 1000 songs on it.
I like to hear from others what make/model/size and format your using in your Elantra that does play mp3's properly.
That said, I have a real gripe about this head unit which is a huge oversight in my eyes. No proper playlist support, is really annoying.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|