2017 upgraded rear view mirror - Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum
 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
geeman91 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
2017 upgraded rear view mirror

Hey everyone, new here... I just purchased my first new car which is a 2017 Hyundai sonata 2.0T. Only has 400 miles on it, but I'm already starting to look into things I can upgrade.

First thing I wanted to do was upgrade the rear view mirror. I've read a bunch of things on line and can't figure out exactly what mirror to get.

Some say to use 3Q062ADU00, but some things I've seen make it seem like this is not an exact match to the model year, but I should actually be using C2062ADU00. Price difference seems to be about double on the later posted part number. Obviously would rather pay less if they will do the same thing.
geeman91 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 03:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: So Cal
2015 Sonata Sport 2.4
Posts: 296
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Grady Wilson is an unknown quantity at this point
There are quite a few mirrors on eBay that have all the bells and whistles that were pulled form wrecked LFs so they should be plug and play.
Grady Wilson is offline  
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
geeman91 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady Wilson View Post
There are quite a few mirrors on eBay that have all the bells and whistles that were pulled form wrecked LFs so they should be plug and play.
Thanks, doesn't really answer my question about which of the 2 part numbers I would need to be looking for on ebay though.
geeman91 is offline  
 
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 03:42 PM
Junior Member
 
mr4getfuljones's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Murray, UT
'17 Sonata Sport 2.0T (LF)
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
mr4getfuljones is an unknown quantity at this point
I got mine for my 17 sport 2.0T from Bob's Automotive mirrors. He's on eBay but I went directly to his website. It was $99 and he asked me to take a picture of the plug behind the mirror so he could verify the wiring to let me know if it was going to work or not for the one with the auto dim, compass, and Homelink. And it did and it was Plug and Play for $99. And a warranty. Works great and not a scratch on it.
http://www.bobsmirrors.com/ .....hopefully that link works for you.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Mark
'17 Sonata Sport 2.0T (LF)
mr4getfuljones is offline  
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
geeman91 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
THANKS! Just sent him a message.
mr4getfuljones likes this.
geeman91 is offline  
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 12:15 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
hyundai17 is an unknown quantity at this point
I recently bought Hyundai Sonata 2017 Limited with Tech option. Is there any way to power adjust inside rearview mirror, or is it just same old way to adjust, by moving using your hands?
hyundai17 is offline  
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 02:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: IL
2013 SE Turbo 2017 2.0T
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
cconklin1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman91 View Post
Hey everyone, new here... I just purchased my first new car which is a 2017 Hyundai sonata 2.0T. Only has 400 miles on it, but I'm already starting to look into things I can upgrade.

First thing I wanted to do was upgrade the rear view mirror. I've read a bunch of things on line and can't figure out exactly what mirror to get.

Some say to use 3Q062ADU00, but some things I've seen make it seem like this is not an exact match to the model year, but I should actually be using C2062ADU00. Price difference seems to be about double on the later posted part number. Obviously would rather pay less if they will do the same thing.
You are correct. You need the second one if you expect bluelink to work. The first one is what was in my 2013. I pulled it and put it in my 2017 and yes, the homelink worked, compass worked, and autodimming worked. However, bluelink does NOT work. This is from actual experience! So I am on the look out for that second one as well. Problem is, it is pricey as **** compared to the eQ version..
cconklin1 is offline  
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 12:09 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: IL
2013 SE Turbo 2017 2.0T
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
cconklin1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cconklin1 View Post
You are correct. You need the second one if you expect bluelink to work. The first one is what was in my 2013. I pulled it and put it in my 2017 and yes, the homelink worked, compass worked, and autodimming worked. However, bluelink does NOT work. This is from actual experience! So I am on the look out for that second one as well. Problem is, it is pricey as **** compared to the eQ version..
Well, a follow up to this. Apparently the one I put into my 2017 from my 2013 DOES work correctly as I was able to luck, unlock, view status from it today. I am told there was a server issue the other day which is why I kept getting "your request was NOT processed".
cconklin1 is offline  
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 06:01 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
maxlaser5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cconklin1 View Post
Well, a follow up to this. Apparently the one I put into my 2017 from my 2013 DOES work correctly as I was able to luck, unlock, view status from it today. I am told there was a server issue the other day which is why I kept getting "your request was NOT processed".
I am a new Hyundai owner. I am also interested in the mirror.
Is it easy to remove the old mirror? Did you need to make any additional changes to the wiring?

Thanks,
maxlaser5 is offline  
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 06:03 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: IL
2013 SE Turbo 2017 2.0T
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
cconklin1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxlaser5 View Post
I am a new Hyundai owner. I am also interested in the mirror.
Is it easy to remove the old mirror? Did you need to make any additional changes to the wiring?

Thanks,
no changes. plug and play
cconklin1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome