Hyundai Forums banner

fuel tank not filling up completely

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  suiko 
#1 ·
When I tried to fill up my 2012 i10 (just out of warranty) last weekend, the fuel petrol cut off when the indicator showed about three quarters full. I kept filling it up without thinking too much, but not much more went in before it overflowed.

This isn't too much of a problem for me, but I'm wondering why this is happening, and if there is anything I can do about it. Would obviously rather not spend money if it isn't absolutely necessary.

#4 ·
I knew it wasn't full because it cost me a lot less than usual!
Ah, right. So the tank wasn't physically full then.

In that case I suggest you try a search of the forum because there are already lots of posts from folk who have trouble filling the fuel tank (usually folk in the USA). In fact I see someone else has started another thread about it just this morning.

1989 - 2005 Sonata/problem-filling-gas-tank

#6 ·
I had the same issue I think you're having a couple years ago. Occasionally if I was going on a long journey and my tank was only 3/4 full I'd go and fill it up again. Even though the nozzle clicked off and the tank was full the needle on the dash would still only show 3/4 full. I'd drive for a few minutes and the needle would rest on full and work as normal. For some reason now, it's cured itself. Never found out the problem but it hasn't done it since.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.