'07 Hyundai Tiburon: Radio Randomly Stopped While Driving. - Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 Old 02-22-2011, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
JynxMe
(Thread Starter)
Okay, so go figure my first used car I buy.. I don't expect it to be perfect but everything was working fine when I took it off the lot. Checked pretty much everything too. Well not even 24hrs after I've got it.. the radio stopped working just.. out of no where.. I went to the dealership and their response was we're busy right now you can bring it in any other day.
But I don't have time for that till next week and would like to know if it's something I can fix myself. Or any suggestions as to what it may be.. wondering if it could be a bad wire, loose wire, or if I should worry about getting a new radio all together.. it's the stock radio and was working great.. till it just turned off and won't turn back on no matter what.. the CD player takes cd's and gives them back. :\

<-- Also I know nothing about cars, this is my first one haha, but I'm good with electronics and wiring for computers so figured I may be able to fix the radio if someone can give me some advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-22-2011, 09:16 PM

I dont own Hyundai car, I drive everybody else Hyundai during day
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
sbr711 is an unknown quantity at this point
What radio is in it ? Factory radio ?

Does the speedometer work ?

<--- please fill in the 'location' and 'what you drive' boxes on your personal profile page.
This information makes it much easier for other members to answer/comment on your posts.
#3 Old 02-23-2011, 08:59 PM

JynxMe
(Thread Starter)
It is the stock Hyundai Kenwood radio, and the speedometer does work.. the only thing not working seems to be the radio..

I was thinking about taking it out and just checking wires, because I checked the audio fuse and it's fine. I was told it could be a relating fuse, or a fuse on the back of the radio if there is one, or the "ground wire" or a lose wire or bad wire.. they said for a diagnosis it would cost about 100$ -- and if it's just a loose wire I'm not gonna be happy about paying 100$ just to have a wire plugged back in. :\
#4 Old 02-24-2011, 08:48 PM

mikepent02
Radios are very simple to remove/replace as i did to mine i went into futureshop bought a new one the went around the bend to canadian tire bought e-tape a multi screwdriver and side cutters. then did the switch in the parkinglot myseilf first time doing it on my first car.

i would pull the dash off then look fore loose/brokes wires. BUT if you bought it from a dealer and has a warranty "not privatly sold" this could maby void the electronic warranty.
#5 Old 02-26-2011, 12:13 PM

I dont own Hyundai car, I drive everybody else Hyundai during day
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
sbr711 is an unknown quantity at this point
QUOTE (PoMansAWD @ Feb 26 2011, 11:04 AM)
Quote:
Joel, like the other fellas say, it's probably just the throttle position sensor on the throttle body. Seems to be a fairly common failure point on electronic throttle controlled engines like these.

I believe this is the first 2.7L CM series Santa Fe I've seen reported with this issue! (I've been waiting to 'see' one) It's usually the 3.3L's. The 2 are similar enough it was just a matter of time.

Joel

We have done this to a couple of newer Tiburon in the past..

Connecter MF21, pin 17,, it is a brown wire... cut it,, see if this cures your problem.

Site will not accept SVG images... Connector is 18 pin.. #17 is 2nd wire in 3rd row,,, all slots on either side is empty.. cut the wire away from connector enough that if you had to repair (unlkely), you have material to work with to make splice back together

<--- please fill in the 'location' and 'what you drive' boxes on your personal profile page.
This information makes it much easier for other members to answer/comment on your posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.