Hey guys, this might be a bit late for some of you but a little advice in replacing the antenna.
If the getz is the same as in South Africa then it is a 3 piece unit, a bee sting aerial (the part that screw loose on top), the base (part that fastens to the roof) and the cable. Yes the cable is loose from the base.
To remove: Remove the interior courtesy light lense (use a small flat screwdriver)
Once removed you will see 2/3 screw holding the plastic casing into the roof lining, remove them and remove the casing. Unplug the electrics for the globes.
Once that is out of the way you will see the antenna base securing bolt. It is alittle hard to get to but use the smallest socket set you have with a universal swivel and a No 10 socket (metric) to loosen.
You will now be able to remove the base and note the aerial cable is held on by the same nut that loosens the base.
Once off you can replace the base only or you can go further into the DIY like I did.
I found that the cost of a new antenna from the agents was ridiculous so I did what we do in SA with a saying "Boer maak n plan" which translated means "a farmer makes a plan"
I had a look at the bits I now had stripped and found that the base has the "bolt" that the aerial screws onto not the other way round.
Let me explain a bit. Some antennas have the "bolt" on the removable aerial and the "nut" is on the base. If you look at yours you will see what Im saying.
Now, if it has snapped off like mine then the "bolt" bit will be in the removable aerial piece. Mine was discarded without my knowledge and so I was left with only a base. I then bought a cheap unit from the local electrics store, one that had the "bolt" piece on the end of the removable aerial. I checked the size of the "bolt" and then drilled a 4mm hole in the centre of the base section where the aerial fits, then took a M5 tap and tapped the hole.
Check the new removable aerial fits and use a thread glue if needed to make sure no one steals it. Replacing everything is the reversal of removal.
Alternatively, if you have the bee sting still with the "bolt" piece still inside it, you can remove that piece using "easyouts" (may differ in countries), without damaging the thread on the aerial. Then continue as above with tapping a new thread on the base. Then buy a bolt that fits the bee sting and newly tapped base. Cut off the bolt head and use the threaded shank as your new "bolt"
Hope this helps. Unfortunately I dont have photos but if there are any questions, please ask away.