Magnaflow exhaust cat back Q&A - Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kunal is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Exclamation Magnaflow exhaust cat back Q&A

I just put on a new Magnaflow cat back exhaust system in my new Hyundai genesis 2015 5.0 at 9k miles. What i noticed is after putting new exhaust the rpm when i rev it does not go down normal but it goes down slow or delayed at 1- 1.5 sec. I have talked to many techs and all said same but i wanted to know from different people with same issue and has the issue resolved. Ok here is what i was told due to my driving habit from 200-9k miles the car ECU needs to adapt to my new free flow exhaust and it may adapt to it after 500 to 1000 miles driving the car. OR they told me to take it to the dealer and flash the ECU to wipe out the driving history to fix it. So let me know if any of you guys have installed and notice a same problem ( not really a problem but annoying). would love to hear different feedbacks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 01:54 PM

celltech is an unknown quantity at this point
Usually you can disconnect the battery, wait a while, then hook it back up. Have you tried that?

And even more importantly...how does it sound? Does it have the typical Magnaflow drone at highway speeds?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

Kunal is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
no it's quiet and it has a little thunder kick to it. not that big of a sound but it's both a little loud at low speed and quite at high speed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.