#1 Old 02-15-2012, 08:00 PM

Drives 2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan Pearl White with Cashmere and tech pkg
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
GENESIS2012RV is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Audio Problem

I went out today and started my Genesis and there was no audio at all. I tried changing all modes to get something and the radio was dead.
Without my tunes, I drove to get gas and shut off the engine. When I was finished gassing up and I started the engine, wallah I had tunes back. Does anyone have an explanation for this glitch? 2012 V6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-15-2012, 08:37 PM
SmurfOnABoat

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Do you have the DIS system? (Joystick on the center console).

There is SOOOO many problems with this sytem, I don't mean to let you down, but its the truth. If you can reproduce the problem, take it to the dealer immediately, if you have time. They have some fixes out, usually requires new hardware. Hardware you dont want to be stuck paying the bill on outside of warranty.

Audio hardware warranties are only 3/36 on all hyundai models Except the Equus, which is 5/60.

Last edited by SmurfOnABoat; 02-15-2012 at 08:40 PM.
#3 Old 02-16-2012, 09:51 AM

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the info. If it happens again I will try to get to the dealer. The only problem is the the dealer is 47 miles away. I have the joystick on my console.
#4 Old 02-16-2012, 10:27 PM
SmurfOnABoat

Yeah, I figured thats what you had. Hopefully it doesn't act up. But if it does, write down exactly what happens and what the system will let you do and not let you do. Any information is useful information for the dealer and/or technician.
#5 Old 02-16-2012, 11:00 PM

(Thread Starter)
radio problems

SmurfOnABoat:

I took a ride to the dealer to speak to the service manager to see if he had any input for me. We talked to the top tech and he checked the radio for any codes to show my problem, but nothing was there. He told me he was going to call the engineers in California to find out what was causing my problem and what the fix was. Fingers Crossed.
#6 Old 02-16-2012, 11:14 PM
SmurfOnABoat

Yeah, unfortunately he wont talk directly to the engineers, he will talk to Techline, who talks directly to the engineers. Sometimes when we have a serious problem car that cant be figured out, they will send out an FSE or Field Service Engineer.

Luckily for our dealer here in MI, we met the individuals who designed the DIS system, they work out of Harman Becker here locally and that guy has hooked us up with some inside info, tips, fixes and DVD updates. (Without having to do the Hyundai complete 4 hour update.)
#7 Old 09-27-2012, 11:13 AM

Genesis
MarkT99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes I have a 2011 Gensis V8 and had the exact same issue - start the car and no audio what so ever - tried all knobs including on/off but not effect. This has happened 3 times over the last 1.5 years - very ellusive what is causing this or how to get out of the mode once its in that mode.
#8 Old 09-27-2012, 11:24 PM
SmurfOnABoat

On the DIS system, its usually the Amplifier that is the major problem...
#9 Old 10-08-2012, 01:58 PM

Drives Genesis Sedan
steel714 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GENESIS2012RV View Post
I went out today and started my Genesis and there was no audio at all. I tried changing all modes to get something and the radio was dead.
Without my tunes, I drove to get gas and shut off the engine. When I was finished gassing up and I started the engine, wallah I had tunes back. Does anyone have an explanation for this glitch? 2012 V6
I had the exact same problem. The dealer said they never heard of that before (yeah).
And they can not do anything about it without seeing the problem, but if I can manage to get to the dealer when it happens again they will just turn the car off then start it again and it will work, then they will say we cant diagnose it unless it is happenening......
#10 Old 11-02-2012, 06:20 PM

Hyundai Genesis 2012
Lindbloe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel714 View Post
I had the exact same problem. The dealer said they never heard of that before (yeah).
And they can not do anything about it without seeing the problem, but if I can manage to get to the dealer when it happens again they will just turn the car off then start it again and it will work, then they will say we cant diagnose it unless it is happenening......
I had the same issue on my 2012 Genesis with the joystick. Hoping it goes away or off to the dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.