Audio Problem - Page 2 - Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
#11 Old 11-08-2012, 02:38 AM

Drives 2011 Genesis 3.8 Tech Package
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Fgee is an unknown quantity at this point
I had the same problem. No audio on startup (nav, radio, Bluetooth, commands). Stop/Restart would not correct it. Waiting 20 minutes before restart would fix it. Then it would not be a problem when I got to dealer. They refused to work on it without seeing the problem. Recommended I take video of it with my smartphone when it recurred. I read of a lot of people experiencing this problem and not getting a fix from the dealer. Finally, earlier this year they issued a TSB software update which took care of it. I haven't had a problem since.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 Old 08-30-2013, 10:34 AM

2012 Genesis Sedan V6 with Tech pkg
mayhem99 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have had this issue twice - dealer says knows nothing of this is - would you have the tsb information that I could show him ?

thanks for any assistance
#13 Old 09-11-2013, 11:05 PM

Drives Genesis sedan Drives BMW R1200RT Drives BMW R90/6
Droynick is an unknown quantity at this point
No sound from any mode on 2012 Sedan with Tech Package

On starting up my car, I pressed the central controller just after start up as I put the car into reverse. I do not know if the driver information screen was still at the warning page or if I had already shifted into reverse and the screen was showing the rear view camera or just in the process of switching from the warning to the rear view when I pressed the controller.
There was no sound from the radio which had been working when I parked not 5 minutes before. Once home and parked with the engine alternately running and not running, I tried all functions, radio, telephone, disc, iPod, and there was no sound from any source. When on disc the disc would not play. I could tell that the disc was not playing as the display would indicate 1 second but nothing more. Ejecting the disc or switching to another disc did nothing. I shut the car down and then I spent time going through the manual then this web site to find a solution or if somehow I had activated a "mute" function. After about an hour and a half with no luck other than finding this thread, I restarted the car and the system works! I am glad that it works now but still will be approaching the dealer to ask if they have a different and hopefully permanent solution for the problem.
#14 Old 09-26-2013, 08:18 AM

hyundai
kallis222 is an unknown quantity at this point
May be your audio player wire problem some times this problem is not understand the peoples and they gone to the mechanics with out checking the attachment of the wires...
#15 Old 09-28-2013, 11:35 AM

Drives Genesis 4 Doors
paul thibert is an unknown quantity at this point
About audio problems, I own a 2011 Genesis, 4 door, 3.8.
My problem is that the center speaker dominates all the other 13 speakers and the
surround sound and/or stereo sound is poor. Any suggestions?
#16 Old 12-23-2013, 08:52 AM

Drives Genesis sedan Drives BMW R1200RT Drives BMW R90/6
Droynick is an unknown quantity at this point
No audio on 2012 Genesis with tech package

After an episode when every radio station suffered from a warbling sound and a repeat of no sound no matter what mode my system was in (FM,XM,CD etc.) my dealer replaced the unit. I think that what causes the sound to cut out is the operation of the controller before a screen is fully displayed. The only times the sound cut out was when i was depressing the controller to move on from the welcome screen or reverse. it seems that, if you do not give a screen the time to fully change before entering another command, the unit freezes. That does not explain the warbling/wavering sound that i had one day coming from my stereo but it is the only explanation that I can come up with for the total absence of sound from the unit. I have not tried to test out the new head unit but will post if it too acts up.
#17 Old 12-26-2013, 01:29 PM

2012 Genesis V-6 w/Premium and Tech. Packages
Philth
To those with DIS, there is a reset procedure that will bring the audio back.

If you have the Tech Package, next time you run into this no-audio issue or the voice command is not working, please try this:

Go to ENG menu (by pressing these buttons simultaneously: Disc/AUX, Navi/Menu, Back and the Volume Knob on the DVD player).

Go to the "Software Update" submenu and selet "To full ENG full mode". When you select it, it prompts for a key code.

If you have the old head unit with old NAV maps (2009 and 2010), first try entering ##0324#0704## as key code.

If you have a newer head unit (2011 or later) or upgraded the NAV maps, enter 0324 as key code. Once you enter the code, on the left hand side there will be few more menu items that make up the full engineering mode.

Select "Diagnostics" submenu then select "Reset Component". Select UTA. This should reset the Amplifier. If audio doesn't come back, try resetting the other components.
#18 Old 02-01-2014, 09:40 PM

Genesis
nb_mike is an unknown quantity at this point
Radio Problems too

I have a 2013 Genesis with Tech pkg. I had no sound if HD box was checked, if I had radio on a xm3 station and turned off car when I restarted later the radio would revert to a xm1 station. Likewise, if I had on a fm2 station and turned off car and turned back on the radio would revert to fm1.

After several complaints they finally replaced radio last week. So far it is working properly but am not completely convinced yet.
#19 Old 06-09-2014, 11:43 AM

Reese125 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow--great work Philth-- that reset action worked

Thank you
#20 Old 06-13-2014, 11:39 AM

Santa Fe
eppyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm on my 4th radio and it just started acted up again. Everything works just no audio. And every single time I have to go to the dealership and PROVE it to them that it's doing it again! And they know of the problem. My car started doing it the first week that I owned it.

I'm in the middle of a Lemon Law suit, problem is my hearing isn't until Feb 2015. Yes it is being drug out that long. But let me tell you about what has gone wrong my my 2012 4.6L Genesis. Well we have repaired/replaced: the Radio 4 times now, the AC compressor clutch, the steering rack, the fuel pump, the front radar sensor and it took a year and a half to get the tilt steering to work. Right now the AC doesn't blow cold and the radio is acting up. According to the dealer AC blowing 68 on a hot day is cooling.

Oh and I forgot, the purge valve was replaced it was causing the mileage to drop and the car would stall at a stop light.

Last edited by eppyboy; 06-13-2014 at 11:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.